Questions questions questions

lovemybullys

Sep 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
samson. and ares
Hello everyone I think I'm in the right place. I have a few questions about raw feeding my bully's I have looked on the Internet an I get a little A.D.D an it just fail I was wondering if there is a place to get all the info I need as far as measurements an recipes I know ill be grinding everything in a meat grinder an since I live in SD I have access to all kinds of meat I have 2 deer an my neighbor will sell me whole cows so I have that covered all I'm missing is the information I'm feeding Fromm beef right now an my boys aren't having any problems I just want to switch then because I like the concept of eating the way you where intended too makes me feel good so I figure it will make them feel good any help would be greatly appreciated an sorry if I rambled short attention span lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362495264.268600.jpg the ghost are back

OP
lovemybullys

lovemybullys

Sep 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
samson. and ares
Thank you I have a hard time staying on task when I'm reading it sucks

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hello everyone I think I'm in the right place. I have a few questions about raw feeding my bully's I have looked on the Internet an I get a little A.D.D an it just fail I was wondering if there is a place to get all the info I need as far as measurements an recipes I know ill be grinding everything in a meat grinder an since I live in SD I have access to all kinds of meat I have 2 deer an my neighbor will sell me whole cows so I have that covered all I'm missing is the information I'm feeding Fromm beef right now an my boys aren't having any problems I just want to switch then because I like the concept of eating the way you where intended too makes me feel good so I figure it will make them feel good any help would be greatly appreciated an sorry if I rambled short attention span lol View attachment 38404 the ghost are back

I started grinding 3 weeks ago. I am grinding the whole chicken legs, 80% frozen, chopped with a cleaver into pieces before feeding into the grinder. They need bone in the diet. 10% of what you feed them should be bone. I don't have a grinder that will grind anything other than chicken bone. I buy by the 40 lb case. I also make a smoothie of veggies which I add the probiotics to, the enzymes and flax seed oil. I measure the meals out, 2% of the body weight. I freeze the smoothie in ice cube trays and give each one depending on their weight 1 or 2 smoothie cubes.
photo (2).jpgphoto (3).jpgphoto (4).jpgphoto.jpg

OP
lovemybullys

lovemybullys

Sep 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
samson. and ares
What kind of probiotic am I saposta get i like I idea of a frozen vegetable smoothie they love there veggies I still Trina find some good recipes I'm lookin at beef or chicken I hear deer is very lean an they need a lot more to make it work for them so that's prolly out but I know they like there buffalo treats only on very special occasions as it is expensive very

[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

ame16

Oct 18, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor ('Elly')
If you want to feed them the way they they are intended to eat, why not follow a prey model approach?

OP
lovemybullys

lovemybullys

Sep 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
samson. and ares
I thought about that but I'm scared yo death of choking an the only things I've found on that are throw them a chicken an let them tear it up lol man I have a lot of looking around to do

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I thought about that but I'm scared yo death of choking an the only things I've found on that are throw them a chicken an let them tear it up lol man I have a lot of looking around to do

That's actually not a bad idea! Let them have the whole chicken, innards and all. They'll rip off the feathers themselves. Or give the dog the whole rabbit, fur and all. Both of those have the proper ratio of everything and the dog will eat it all including the fur... not the feathers though. Those you get to sweep up. LOL.

But, yeah, you can't throw him the entire cow or deer because it will stink up your backyard before the dog gets to finish it all up (it will take him days and days to eat the thing)... so those you get to chop up. The regular dog is pretty good with tearing and crunching meat and bone into small pieces to chew. A efficient a the meat grinder. But yes, there is a risk to it just like anything else. The ground stuff is an increased risk for bloat too so everything has their risk factor it's just up to you which risk you and your dog can handle and which ones you can't.

In PMR (you can grind it if you prefer that) - it's fairly simple - start with 2-3% of your dog's ideal weight in daily food. So, if your dog is 50lbs, you get to start with a pound of food a day. So, that would break down to about 12.8 ounces of muscle meat (in addition to meat you can use hearts, tongue, etc.), 1.6 ounces of bone, 0.8 ounces of liver, and 0.8 ounces of other secreting organs (kidney, spleen, etc.).

Deer meat, buffalo meat, beef meat, chicken meat, rabbit meat... all the same.

For probiotic, feed the green tripe from the animal and count it as muscle meat.

If your cow is grass-fed, then no need for oils other than the cow fat. If your cow is grain-fed, then you can add salmon (the ones in a can next to the tuna in the grocery is fine) once a week.

No need to add any veggies. You can do cooked veggie treats if you like.

Simple, yes?

Last edited:
OP
lovemybullys

lovemybullys

Sep 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
samson. and ares
Thank you very much for the info it has helped a lot I like the break down bone to meat to muscle I appreciate it very much an I know my boys will too

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.