.89 @ pound photo (2).jpgphoto (3).jpgphoto (4).jpgphoto.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Nice! I have to confess, although the grinding part is always fun ... the cleanup is the worst! ... especially if there's puddles all around the floor because of drooling bullies. :sarcastic:

Last edited:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Seriously after watching Bacon's reaction to Jen making beef stock I can't imagine what it's like when you are grinding chicken.

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] seriously it's like they circle the wagon train (kitchen table) and the grinder is rather noisy so now every time I'm running the coffee grinder or the blender or the ninja, I've get the standing ovation treatment :hmm::droolers:

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
next time you must take video of that crew

I would love taking more video's of this crew, but why does it take so long to upload to YouTube ?

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
If I have a video to upload I wait till I go to town. Always helps me :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Cool! Voitto is trying to inhale all his raw food, so I think I may have to grind his meals with bone. I just need a machine like that that does it! How powerful is that?

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The first two times I used it, I wasn't terribly impressed, but I found out there's a knack. Meat must be 80% frozen and chop it with a meat cleaver right inside the box of chicken. A heck of a WHACK !!!
Less mess, grinds easier. Now I'm quiet happy with my grinder. From start to finish, I did 80 pounds on Friday morning, bagged and cleaned up all within 2 hours. that's a huge improvement. What would you suggest I add to their diet next, Friday coming up will be a full three weeks on chicken only as the protien.
What is your opinion on pork? I seen on the yahoo raw site lots of people feed pork. The owner of the site throws the whole carcass of kangaroo to her pack also the entire animals in the hooves family.
I will add some organ this week, a bit of liver [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Pork is the next cheapest thing to chicken, one of the reasons why a lot of people start with it. Hopefully the grinder will be able to handle the bones. Pork ribs is very popular, and I think a little softer than other parts.

ame16

Oct 18, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor ('Elly')
Pork was the second meat I tried with Elly. She does well on it now, but we were touch or go in the beginning. It's a lot fattier than chicken, so some of your dogs with a more sensitive stomach may have trouble adjusting. I'd start out mixing a small portion of pork with chicken, slightly increasing as bowel tolerance adapts, and take it from there. Elly can handle pork fine now, but I need to alternative her pork meals with bone-in chicken otherwise I'm dealing with a mess.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Pork is great... I cleared out the grocery store when they sold pork picnic shoulder for $1.19/lb. 8lbs of pork shoulder gives about 7lbs of meat and 1 pound of bone. The bone I throw to the dogs for a chew toy. I don't know if your grinder can handle it. I like pork (from the grocery) because it's not "bloody". Beef can get pretty bloody after chopping it up so it's a mess to clean. I don't grind though, so I only have to clean the table, the chopping block, and the knife.

Pork necks are cheap too and the grinder can probably crunch through the neck bones.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.