I'm done with this Kibble crap!!

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Yup, I'm going back to Raw today, just done with kibble. They have always been raw fed but since we moved here the IL grass does NOT agree with Fat Cleo and she wouldn't eat in the basement or garage like i tried to get her to do. But guess what? She's gonna learn to like eating in the basement (easily mopped up after ever meal) cuz I just can't stand the kibble. She likes it but Mac hates it and that's not fair to him really. While her paws thank me, her eyes are always oozing green boogies, her acne has gotten worse since she drinks so much water now, and she's just plain fat. She had such a pretty waistline before and I want it back (hmmm, maybe I should go raw??) I figure that Fat Cleo will eventually get hungry enough to eat inside right? It's not like she'll starve. Hopefully their butts can handle it, they haven't been off it very long, and won't be shooting cannons for the next week. Mac never did when we got him but Cleo took a week or two to adjust.

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Good luck!! :up:

Thanks!! Since they haven't been off the raw but for a couple of months hopefully their tummies will recognize it and I won't be scrubbing my walls when I get home from work. BUT, it that happens I'm sure you'll all know about it!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
LOL... cannon butt.

I feed my dogs in the kitchen! I was able to train them to eat over their bowls or their placemats. Yes, I use regular plastic placemats under their bowls. All I did was give them the food and everytime they take the food off the bowl/placemat I say No and take the food out of their mouths and put it back in the bowl. It took me about a week before they quit taking the food away from the bowl/placemat. Oh and yeah, it took some courage to stick my hand in their mouth while they're chomping on a valuable resource...

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I feed one in the kitchen and the other in dining room (stop thief!). Neither has any carpeting, so I just run the mop around after they are done.

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Update: I basically locked Cleo in the basement with her food and she ate it. Yay! I think she was more worried that Mac would try to eat it so she gobbled it down once she saw he was done with his food. He was sooooo much happier yesterday, he actually got excited for his food again.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.