The twenty Paws are going Raw

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Ok, here's the dish. As some of you heard me say many times, I have been infatuated with the idea of feeding raw for a very long time. Even bought the freezer to store the meals. Well guess who finally got on board? My husband, :retreat: Holly smokes that was hard work getting him to agree. Here's the deal, I'm going to grind the meat and bone myself. Got a great deal on an awesome electric grinder. 3.4 hp rated. will do 245 lbs in one hour.
I've ordered a 40 lb case of skinless chicken necks and backs, a 40 lb case of whole legs, and a 40 lb case of skinless, boneless chicken breasts. will pick up and freeze in the morning. I have taken some vacation time for the transition period in case of any cannon butt, just until I find just the right balance. I will start Feb 15, I will also be making the raw vegetable cubes in frozen heart shapes with their vitamins and enzymes. Everything will be measured per dog and given fresh. I'm just so damn excited I could :poo: a brick.

:grumpa: had asked me one time "is the same food is working for all twenty paws?" I said yes, but I'm also cooking for them. veg's oatmeal and beef.
I'm just not going to be 100% happy until I have fed them raw. :jumpdance:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Behind ya all the way, Momma...Kudos for you! Give sloppy kisses & butt scratches
all around!! Much love, Carol

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Just let the twenty Paws grind the meat and bone for you... it will keep them entertained for a while and get all that chewiness out of them... hopefully saving your shoes in the process.
:D

Puppies can be such efficient bone crushers and meat processors...

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Good for you! When I look at Ruggles' tear stains I think about feeding raw, then just the thought about gags me! You've got to have the stomach for it!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Good for you! When I look at Ruggles' tear stains I think about feeding raw, then just the thought about gags me! You've got to have the stomach for it!

This is soooo true... there's nothing like a bully re-eating regurge... it is quite an experience!

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My dogs are all adults, the three youngest are over 2 years old and the oldest is Jack at 8 years old, Dolly will be 5 in March, no chewing puppies here, they get Elk antlers anyhow. We don't have any tear stains either. I just think it's me that is all about the raw. If for no other reason, I want to feed them raw. They all love the kibble and homemade I give them now, they sit and watch my every move until I put the dishes down. they gobble it up in less than 4 minutes and go around licking every last morsel to be found.
It's just in my heart to do it for them

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Ok, here's the dish. As some of you heard me say many times, I have been infatuated with the idea of feeding raw for a very long time. Even bought the freezer to store the meals. Well guess who finally got on board? My husband, :retreat: Holly smokes that was hard work getting him to agree. Here's the deal, I'm going to grind the meat and bone myself. Got a great deal on an awesome electric grinder. 3.4 hp rated. will do 245 lbs in one hour.
I've ordered a 40 lb case of skinless chicken necks and backs, a 40 lb case of whole legs, and a 40 lb case of skinless, boneless chicken breasts. will pick up and freeze in the morning. I have taken some vacation time for the transition period in case of any cannon butt, just until I find just the right balance. I will start Feb 15, I will also be making the raw vegetable cubes in frozen heart shapes with their vitamins and enzymes. Everything will be measured per dog and given fresh. I'm just so damn excited I could :poo: a brick.

:grumpa: had asked me one time "is the same food is working for all twenty paws?" I said yes, but I'm also cooking for them. veg's oatmeal and beef.
I'm just not going to be 100% happy until I have fed them raw. :jumpdance:
That's awesome, good for you! I want to do this too and grind the meat. Could you share the specific vitamins, enzymes and amounts of both? I would love to know how much of what is needed for my boy. We would really appreciate it!
Thanks!

L

Lucy-licious

You are a braver woman than I. Fingers crossed they all take to it :hug:

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
In a food processor, I'll pulverize 1 raw sweet potato, 1 raw apple, 1 raw carrot , some fresh spinach, parsley, Greek yogurt, about 2 or 3 tbs enzymes, flax seed oil about 1/4 cup, alfalfa sprouts, blueberries, and then pour into heart shape ice cube trays and freeze. give 2 cubes at each meal. I'm going to pm you a video

L

Lucy-licious

In a food processor, I'll pulverize 1 raw sweet potato, 1 raw apple, 1 raw carrot , some fresh spinach, parsley, Greek yogurt, about 2 or 3 tbs enzymes, flax seed oil about 1/4 cup, alfalfa sprouts, blueberries, and then pour into heart shape ice cube trays and freeze. give 2 cubes at each meal. I'm going to pm you a video

They sound like heart shaped stink bombs :eek:
your babies will be tooting so hard they'll take off :)

L

Lucy-licious

your guys are probably more used to veggies than my pair....Lucy only has to look at a green bean and she toots. :lol:

on a more serious note those sound well thought about...all the vitamins and enzymes in little heart shaped bundles :heart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Best of luck..... I really hope it all goes well for you and the 20 paws

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've been studying hard about this for well over a year. We are more than ready. thanks all for your well wishes and blessings.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online