Raw Chicken

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
What are the benefits of giving your English bulldog raw chicken?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I will tag a member who raw feeds and they can give you the info on that. [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Blueberrys Mom is right. Raw feeding is not only feeding one incredient. Some people give somekind of raw meat with kibble and it's ok. There's always benefits in feeding at least something raw and fresh, but the most benefits you get by feeding totally raw.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Blueberrys Mom is right. Raw feeding is not only feeding one incredient. Some people give somekind of raw meat with kibble and it's ok. There's always benefits in feeding at least something raw and fresh, but the most benefits you get by feeding totally raw.

thank you for the advice. The reason I asked this because my wife was cooking today some chicken soup, and my wife was going to put the chicken-breast inside the pan Coco Chanel decided to be sneaky from the back n grab the chicken n run away n eat it.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
thank you for the advice. The reason I asked this because my wife was cooking today some chicken soup, and my wife was going to put the chicken-breast inside the pan Coco Chanel decided to be sneaky from the back n grab the chicken n run away n eat it.

LOL When my kids were toddlers they would've run after her and yelled 'Swiper no swiping, Swiper no swiping!!' Looks like Coco is pretty smart.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
LOL When my kids were toddlers they would've run after her and yelled 'Swiper no swiping, Swiper no swiping!!' Looks like Coco is pretty smart.

HAHAHAH!! My wife said it was so funny when she snatched the chicken she went into our bedroom and then hid behind our bed n eat it..
lol

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
What a stinker! :lol: I love that she hid to eat it! I used to feed raw to my bullmastiffs and they did great. There are some who caution against raw chicken because of dogs who have contracted salmonella poisoning, but I never had a problem.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Actually dogs have a better digestive system than we do and are not likely to suffer any ill effects from salmonella. Their bodies are better able to fight it off. Feeding raw, including bones, benefits their teeth, gums, and jaws. If you are going to raw feed, it should be a well rounded diet and not just chicken (although chicken is the least expensive). My ladies do not care much for turkey or lamb, so I season that and sear the outside to make it taste better for them. By seasoning, I do not mean salt, onion powder, or sugar. Herbs and other spices are fine.

Raw food is more nutritious and is natural. Those are the benefits. Also raw eaters are more muscular and poop less and their poop is less smelly. Those are our benefits. :whistle:

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
100_percent_natural.jpg
Ok I have 3 of this extra packets.. Is this ok to feed my bully this?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm honestly not sure if you can or can't combine raw feeding with kibble. I'm tagging a couple who could tell you more. [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] and @RiiSi

Last edited:
OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
I can just stop feeding her Blue Wilderness Puppy food and start feeding her that if possible.. I am taking her to the Vet tom. She will be getting some shots.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can just stop feeding her Blue Wilderness Puppy food and start feeding her that if possible.. I am taking her to the Vet tom. She will be getting some shots.

I would go through the raw feeding threads on here. It's not as easy as just giving chicken. You have to give a lot of other things too to keep their nutrition balanced.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You can feed that to her, but not at the same time with kibble. Bone and kibble are not good together, that can cause digestive problems.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I was just at a pet-first aid course this past weekend that Stiggy's and Punkin's daycare owner was teaching, and she informed the whole classs that she declines all dogs that are fed kibble and raw together. Usually she only does a temperament test, however, she was insistent on this one. She would tell the owners it's either, in her care, feeds them kibble or raw, not together, not even 8 hours apart. She's been advocating raw for at least a decade I think. She also accepts kibble fed pooches of course, even they are being Iams / Purina (eek!).

Nevertheless, there are some that tolerate them together. But would I personally risk it? After this weekend, no, I'm convinced that it shouldn't be done.

Oh, I have to add, that feeding only a chicken leg can be dangerous if your boy's a gulper. You're going to need to watch him carefully if so. It's on the borderline level of a choking hazard. :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.