Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raw Chicken

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Raw Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by luis323 View Post
    I can just stop feeding her Blue Wilderness Puppy food and start feeding her that if possible.. I am taking her to the Vet tom. She will be getting some shots.

I would go through the raw feeding threads on here. It's not as easy as just giving chicken. You have to give a lot of other things too to keep their nutrition balanced.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

You can feed that to her, but not at the same time with kibble. Bone and kibble are not good together, that can cause digestive problems.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I was just at a pet-first aid course this past weekend that Stiggy's and Punkin's daycare owner was teaching, and she informed the whole classs that she declines all dogs that are fed kibble and raw together. Usually she only does a temperament test, however, she was insistent on this one. She would tell the owners it's either, in her care, feeds them kibble or raw, not together, not even 8 hours apart. She's been advocating raw for at least a decade I think. She also accepts kibble fed pooches of course, even they are being Iams / Purina (eek!).

Nevertheless, there are some that tolerate them together. But would I personally risk it? After this weekend, no, I'm convinced that it shouldn't be done.

Oh, I have to add, that feeding only a chicken leg can be dangerous if your boy's a gulper. You're going to need to watch him carefully if so. It's on the borderline level of a choking hazard.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Real Name
    Anthony
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Eleanor ('Elly')
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by luis323 View Post
    Attachment 36377
    Ok I have 3 of this extra packets.. Is this ok to feed my bully this?
    You need to make sure whatever you feed her is not enhanced. For most meats this means there is less than 100 mgs of sodium per 4 ounce portion. Also, I wouldn't feed anything smaller than a leg quarter. Finally, you may find that the skin/fat gives her watery stools until she gets better adjusted. As such, I'd suggest removing it completely for the first couple weeks and then slowly start introducing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads