Is it ok to feed raw ground deer meat and Fromm?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
there are alot of views on this and ive heard dont mix them as they digest differently and ive had many people tell me they mix their kibble with raw and they have no problems. ive also heard to leave 12 hours in between so an am of raw and pm of kibble should be ok. salmon oil is good for shedding and the coat i use 2 pumps and sarah is 47 pounds. however i would not be adding all these things all at once to your dogs diet. i would add one at a time and then see how things go. lots of bullies are allergic to salmon and such so be slow when adding things.

There's views and there's extrapolation based on actual biological analysis. Basically, just because a lot of people lived to be 100 smoking cigarettes all day long does not mean that cigarettes are okay because analysis of the effects of cigarettes on the body shows the stress of the chemicals on the body's biological functions. This is the same as the raw and kibble combo. The difference in digestive patterns puts stress on the pancreas as it tries to figure out how much digestive enzymes to produce. If it's a short term deal, sure. Even my dogs get raw treats sometimes as they eat their kibble. But as a regular diet, I wouldn't risk it. The time between feeding one and the other would help, but I always wonder, why bother? I mean, this is a site where people are crazy about supplements and medicines and all those things to make sure dogs are healthy. So why do half and half? Why not just do one or the other? There's a lot of good quality kibble that can be a dog's main diet. And there's a lot of raw food sources that can be a dog's main diet. Why would we bother with half-and-half when we know there are risks to it? The only thing I can think of is the push for these commercial dog foods like NVI that are trying to penetrate the raw market with super expensive raw food. So, because of the expense of the raw diet, they try to push the half-and-half thing because, half a good thing is better than nothing or some such as a response to the increase of raw feeders in the dog world. But we all know not to trust marketing gimmicks.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
There's views and there's extrapolation based on actual biological analysis. Basically, just because a lot of people lived to be 100 smoking cigarettes all day long does not mean that cigarettes are okay because analysis of the effects of cigarettes on the body shows the stress of the chemicals on the body's biological functions. This is the same as the raw and kibble combo. The difference in digestive patterns puts stress on the pancreas as it tries to figure out how much digestive enzymes to produce. If it's a short term deal, sure. Even my dogs get raw treats sometimes as they eat their kibble. But as a regular diet, I wouldn't risk it. The time between feeding one and the other would help, but I always wonder, why bother? I mean, this is a site where people are crazy about supplements and medicines and all those things to make sure dogs are healthy. So why do half and half? Why not just do one or the other? There's a lot of good quality kibble that can be a dog's main diet. And there's a lot of raw food sources that can be a dog's main diet. Why would we bother with half-and-half when we know there are risks to it? The only thing I can think of is the push for these commercial dog foods like NVI that are trying to penetrate the raw market with super expensive raw food. So, because of the expense of the raw diet, they try to push the half-and-half thing because, half a good thing is better than nothing or some such as a response to the increase of raw feeders in the dog world. But we all know not to trust marketing gimmicks.
well we all have our opinions about things which is what makes this site so great. i dont see a problem with feeding raw in the am and kibble in the pm and that is just that my opinion. the op is open to make up their own minds about what they want to do

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
well we all have our opinions about things which is what makes this site so great. i dont see a problem with feeding raw in the am and kibble in the pm and that is just that my opinion. the op is open to make up their own minds about what they want to do

Of course.

But, I still don't understand why one would want to do that...

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Not an expert on this subject but two observations:

Your bullies are adorable!

Also, did you think about cooking the venison while you wait for the food? I don't know what form it's in but I have been short of food and fed boiled hamburger in a pinch...maybe the same would work for venison?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.