Raw bones and choking

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I just read from some other forum that their dog loves to choke on his bones... so, he holds onto the bone until the dog chews it up and then he lets it go. I guess that's an option too.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I used to give our bullmastiffs whole raw chicken thighs and they loved them. They especially liked crunching the bones. I never had a problem with them.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I've also been wondering this... I thought for sure the bones were minced:confused: Before joining this site I had never even heard of RAW feeding. Can have something to do with me being from Sweden/South Africa but I know I've always been told NEVER to give my dog anything else than beef bones. We have a saying in Sweden "Never give any bone starting with an F", in Swedish that would be all bones but beef... fisk (fish), fågel (bird), får (sheep), fläsk (pig). I'm overly paranoid about most things so it's not a good idea to listen to me since I have no experience or knowledge about RAW feeding but would love to learn:) I bet the dogs love it...

Raw fish (sardines) is Fat Cleo's favorite meal!. She just crunches the fish up a couple of times and then swallows it down like a sea bird. It's great for their coats.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Haha [MENTION=2488]babybully[/MENTION]:) can see the picture in front of me:D I think I wouldn't worry too much about fish bones since I've swallowed a few myself over the years:blush2: I've just heard of dogs who had operations removing bones they've swallowed, however all the dogs I know of are smaller breeds... and I think my dogs have eaten a few "raw" things without my knowledge since they can run as they want in the garden:crazy: probably for the best I don't know what they are up to all the time:)

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Haha @babybully:) can see the picture in front of me:D I think I wouldn't worry too much about fish bones since I've swallowed a few myself over the years:blush2: I've just heard of dogs who had operations removing bones they've swallowed, however all the dogs I know of are smaller breeds... and I think my dogs have eaten a few "raw" things without my knowledge since they can run as they want in the garden:crazy: probably for the best I don't know what they are up to all the time:)

Yes, i'm sure they've gotten into things mum wouldn't like very much!

Members online

No members online now.