Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:bravo: things are going so well! I am looking forward to hearing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
wheezer

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Thank you all for your encouragement!! It really helps! So far so good!!:2thumbs:

hughesjo

Jun 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
So pleased that you jumped right in with the raw feeding for Zeus! The longer you continue you will realise they are so much better on it! If the paw licking continues with the chicken you may want to try some other meats e.g pork or beef. Although better than the kibble the chicken can still cause irritation in some dogs, my Nelson is best on veal, mutton and beef shank. If you can get hold of some beef shank bones with marrowbone, give as a recreational bone, he will love getting the marrow bone out. It makes me so happy to watch Nelson doing this, keeps him occupied all morning!:clap2:

OP
wheezer

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
He finally has quit licking his paws and they are no longer red. I am planning to change to another protein source this week. It is amazing the difference in his coat and he no longer has any doggy smell. I cannot believe the difference. Zeus is doing so good on the raw and now my hubby is completely sold on it. I will be out of town for the next 3 weeks so I have no fear about my hubby sticking with the raw. He is retired so he is the major care giver of Zeus, but he is now convinced raw is better since he has had so many allergic reactions to all of the kibble we have tried. Love it!!

ame16

Oct 18, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor ('Elly')
So pleased that you jumped right in with the raw feeding for Zeus! The longer you continue you will realise they are so much better on it! If the paw licking continues with the chicken you may want to try some other meats e.g pork or beef. Although better than the kibble the chicken can still cause irritation in some dogs, my Nelson is best on veal, mutton and beef shank. If you can get hold of some beef shank bones with marrowbone, give as a recreational bone, he will love getting the marrow bone out. It makes me so happy to watch Nelson doing this, keeps him occupied all morning!:clap2:

I'd be careful with marrow and other recreational bones. They're proven teeth breakers.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
He finally has quit licking his paws and they are no longer red. I am planning to change to another protein source this week. It is amazing the difference in his coat and he no longer has any doggy smell. I cannot believe the difference. Zeus is doing so good on the raw and now my hubby is completely sold on it. I will be out of town for the next 3 weeks so I have no fear about my hubby sticking with the raw. He is retired so he is the major care giver of Zeus, but he is now convinced raw is better since he has had so many allergic reactions to all of the kibble we have tried. Love it!!

What great news! It's always such a relief whenever we find a solution to our baby's problems. Now you and hubby deserve a pat in the back! :).

OP
wheezer

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Thank You for the vote of confidence, everyone!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online