Rocky started RAW today! 12-11-12

dpm4law

Dec 6, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
I joined this forum last Thursday and after reading through all the raw feeding stories and given my Rocky's allergies and major skin sore break outs, I decided to let it rip! I so pray this will work out. I will keep everyone updated on his progress and will surely be asking my share of questions.

I started him with checken back and necks as well as boneless breasts. I figured there's a good amount of bone in the back/neck peices. (neck.backs are not all that big. I sit and watch closely)

Again,

Thanks for all the wonderful resources! :excited::excited::excited::excited:

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Oh cool! Let me be the first to offer encouragement. My ladies have been eating modified raw for a year plus. I say modified because I season some of their food and sometimes pan sear the outsides because they are spoiled (the dogs, not the food). They also get cheapo canned food when I am (rarely) too ill to shop or whatever. I let them have kibble if they want especially at night. I only feed them once a day, but they do get treats.

Last edited:

hughesjo

Jun 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
Welcome to the wonderful world of raw!!! Rocky will thank you for it and remember it may take a little time before you see a marked improvement in the allergies as the system needs to get rid of all the old stuff. If you dont see a great improvement after feeding chicken for a while try another meat as often they will have allergies with the chicken. Nelson is on a steady diet now of either goat, mutton, veal, beef shank all of these really agree with him, so be prepared for trial and error, dont give up :yes:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great, I think it's the best way to feed a dog. I'm getting a new puppy in january and he will eat raw from the beginning.
How are you doing now? Any changes?

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I am convinced that raw feeding is the way to go, will start this weekend as soon as I can get to the grocery store to shop. Really look forward to it. In looking at it - it looks like I should feed 1.5 to 2 pounds a day for Otis being at 60 pounds - is that correct.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko weights 61 lbs and I aim to feed 1,8 pounds a day. He is picky and one day does not eat that much, but the next day he might eat more than 2 pounds.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.