Raw food question

M

mabel lou

Ok so my Miss Mabel I believe is allergic to something in her food. The white part of her face seems to always turn a pinkish in color and her eyes always turn red.
I take notice of this because when she wakes up in the morning she seems to have such cute little eyes but after she has eaten they will turn very red. Since owning her these are her food she has been on because I am trying to do trial and error and see what is what with her.
1.Breeder- Cotsco salmon,sweet potato [h=1]Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain (Dry) (grain free)[/h]2. Me (new owner) - Nutro grain free lamb and rice (grain free)
itchy itchy itchy, rolling on ground and always kind of trying to scratch her head or ear. So vet visit showed inflammation of the ear (prescribed drops)
3. At that time I had spoke with the Breeder about her itching and pink face/red eyes which she told me to put her back on the Kirkland signature natures domain dog food, but it is only sold at Cotsco store which we do not have in our town. So I go to our pet store and buy Natures variety (grain free) with salmon and sweet potato and pumpkin. Still the itchies itchies ect.
4.Me (owner)switch to Natural Balance LID (sweet potato and venison) and still the pink face and red eyes and itchies but not so bad as she had previously been itching.
5.Me (owner) switch to Taste of the Wild blue pacific stream with smoked salmon and not so much itchies but pink face yes and eyes very red
6.Me (owner) switch to Natural Balance LID (potato and duck) and she itches maybe one time a day and her eyes although still getting red but nothing as bad as all of these other foods have done to her (assuming it is the food)
I literally take pics of her eyes in the morning and then document color of them and time and next feeding time document eye color and after she is done eating again take a pic and document because I am believing she is having food allergies and this is why her skin turns pink and eyes red.
So does this site have a page strictly for raw food as it does for rating the dry dog food??????????
Also if it does not have a page is their anyway that we could get one started just strictly for raw food diet and give the recipe for it. Just a ? and if someone could direct me to this page I would be ever grateful. Thank you and enjoy your Sunday morning :)

OP
M

mabel lou

Oh and all the above dry dog foods are grain free!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh and all the above dry dog foods are grain free!

I've moved your thread to the Raw Feeding forum so if you go to the top of your first post you will see that it says

Forum ... English Bulldog Talk ... Raw Feeding for Bulldogs

Click on the "Raw Feeding for Bulldogs" and it will take you to the whole forum dealing with this subject. I'm also going to tag [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], who I know raw feeds.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I feed whole prey raw, so all the meat are human grade and from grocery stores (with the exception of green tripe).

But there's a few members here who feed NVI raw and everything said about it are all positive. I'll mention [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] as well, she feeds the BARF model to her Usko and he loves and strives on it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online