raw food quest!

D

Deshawn

Hi, As all of us know that raw food is better. Well, I'm not talking about the branded food.
But have a little concern about the the raw food. Actually, it also carry millions or germs and
I'm sure it can disturb the digestive system.
Do you agree?

Trish

Sep 1, 2012
Barrie, Ontario -- Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bernadette
like all of us who have started this quest and are on our journeys or have completed them -- its about knowledge. Our dogs stomachs are much more resilient to things than we are. The digestive track is where everything happens to make a dog heathly or sick. My main reason for changing my bulldog to raw was for that reason. Something in the kibble and the ways it is processed is not agreeing with her and it has resulted in her skin erupting in various issues. From the research I have done on this way of eating and the way she has responded is confirmation that not every dog can tolerate kibble no matter how holistic or organic it is. This is a natural way of feeding them and they know what to do with raw meat and bones it makes sense when you see them chew the meat and raw bones. They drink less and poop less because their body uses all of it for their health. Its a way of knowing exactly what goes in and out of your dog to help eliminate possible intolerences which is why most of us have started this journey. Its common sense and you handle raw meat like you would for your own family -- there is nothing left over and the dogs digestive track looks after breaking down and digesting the bones and meat properly. Its an amazing transformation and makes simple sense. Good luck with your journey its a fun one.

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
I am in agreement with Trish. I would love to go completely raw, but my Frenchie Duke, cannot tolerate it. Vomits everytime, but he does get RMB's twice a week. My bully Daizy on the other hand, thrives on raw and will knock you over to get it...lol. Raw is the best way to go, IMO. So much better than kibble and you know what your baby is getting. Like Trish said as long as you handle the raw properly, your good to go. Good luck

hughesjo

Jun 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
Yes, thats a double thumbs up from me too! My bully boy's life is much more pleasant with his RAW diet, no frantic scratching, ear infections or feet chewing. His coat is lovely and shiny and he is developing a really good muscley build. My friend was looking after him one day last week and she tried to give him so Eukanuba( horror of horrors) luckily he just looked at her, turned his nose up and walked away!! :2thumbs:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am in agreement with Trish. I would love to go completely raw, but my Frenchie Duke, cannot tolerate it. Vomits everytime, but he does get RMB's twice a week. My bully Daizy on the other hand, thrives on raw and will knock you over to get it...lol. Raw is the best way to go, IMO. So much better than kibble and you know what your baby is getting. Like Trish said as long as you handle the raw properly, your good to go. Good luck

Have you tried different Raw recipes for Duke? there are a lot of companies out there that now have Goat, Rabbit, fish etc....

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Dogs' systems can handle much, much more than we can!! I get so annoyed when my mother tells me my dog is going to get salmonella, lol.

Delilah does great on raw. She just looks much much better and will actually eat her food now. She's in great health. The only issue I ever have with her is the occasional yeast infection.

Most Reactions