Do your Bullys get excited still to eat Raw?

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
I'm about 2 months in now of feeding Raw to Snowy, so far I've only given her Chicken and Beef, I was doing pork but I pulled that out since shes allergic to it.

But anyways, at first she would immediately start eating her food, that was maybe for the first few weeks.. Now she NEVER finishes a meal :( I would say she maybe eats about a 1-1.5 pounds a day, and she is about 55 pounds, so she should be eating at least 2-2.5 pounds a day.. I've tried cutting up her chicken and adding Parmesan cheese which sort of helps, but she will slowly eat her food and leave and come back and I don't like leaving the chicken out for so long.. The beef i give her is only ground beef so its already grinded up, she seems to prefer that over chicken but still she doesn't seem to appreciate it that much.

Are your guys Bullys the same?

I miss the good old days when she would run to her food and stuff her face in it ( kibble days )

I'm considering just feeding her everything all at once (1 meal a day instead of 2) to see if that makes a difference. I usually feed her at around 730 am and around 9-10 PM

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have to turn those weights in to kilos, but that 1-1.5 pounds sounds about right if she is not very active. My Usko doesn't like all the foods I offer and sometimes leaves food and them goes back to eat the rest. I don't mind leaving raw to sit for a few hours. Dogs stomachs can take a lot more bacteria than ours. Maybe it is time to get some more variation in to her diet.

OP
EBDR35

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
I have to turn those weights in to kilos, but that 1-1.5 pounds sounds about right if she is not very active. My Usko doesn't like all the foods I offer and sometimes leaves food and them goes back to eat the rest. I don't mind leaving raw to sit for a few hours. Dogs stomachs can take a lot more bacteria than ours. Maybe it is time to get some more variation in to her diet.

Yeah she isn't that active to be honest, but everyone says to feed your dog 2% of their weight, Snowy weighs around 55 Pounds so 2% is 1.2 pounds.. Which is why i said she should be eating 2-2.5 pounds at least..

I always though leaving the raw food sitting for over an hour was really bad, but i can also understand how Dogs stomachs can take a lot more bacteria than ours since they "were" wild animals..

Im still deciding on a 3rd source of protein to add, shes allergic to pork so thats out of the question, thats too bad because its so cheap!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My boys looooove their raw portions and would always remind us when it's time for dinner. Wondering if you've actually tried pork, or are you relying on an allergy test? I'd try it if you haven't, you might be surprised! My boys regularly get goat, duck, turkey and green tripe, on top of chicken and pork. Lamb and beef only a couple of times a month since they tend to be expensive. Rabbits are a long way from us, so we buy those in bulk only once or twice a year.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online