Meat Grinder Suggestions

daphne18

Aug 4, 2012
Houston, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
I'm about to switch my bullies to raw, and I'm looking to purchase a meat grinder. Is there a particular meat grinder that you prefer? Why?

Thanks!

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
I have processed my own deer meat in the past. All i can say is that if you are going to be doing this for a long time get a motorized one....bigger the motor the less time it is going to take you as it will power through the meat. Cabelas has their own private label grinders that work really well. Of course if you won't be grinding that much then the larger motor might be overkill.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
This is an awesome question! I just couldn't seem to find one that would do bone along with meat. Doing patties would be great but you will want to have the bone in there.

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
Make sure it has more than one size of devices that the meat is pushed through.That way you can feed checken wings for the bones through it. They do not ususally advertise that you can grind bones, but most can (at least 100.00 plus do) I would not advise the really inexpensive ones, but there is not need to do real expensive. Good for you for going raw.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Make sure it has more than one size of devices that the meat is pushed through.That way you can feed checken wings for the bones through it. They do not ususally advertise that you can grind bones, but most can (at least 100.00 plus do) I would not advise the really inexpensive ones, but there is not need to do real expensive. Good for you for going raw.

Any suggestion on which ones would be good. I think chicken bones would be all a grinder could handle. Think it would take leg/thigh or just wings/back?

OP
daphne18

daphne18

Aug 4, 2012
Houston, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
I went ahead and purchased a STX Turboforce 3000 Series - 3 Speed - 3000 Watt - Electric Meat Grinder. It got good reviews on Amazon. There were several reviews from people that make their own dog food. They grind soft bones like chicken and rabbit without any problems. It will be delivered this Friday so we will see... Thanks so much for the input!:)

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
I went ahead and purchased a STX Turboforce 3000 Series - 3 Speed - 3000 Watt - Electric Meat Grinder. It got good reviews on Amazon. There were several reviews from people that make their own dog food. They grind soft bones like chicken and rabbit without any problems. It will be delivered this Friday so we will see... Thanks so much for the input!:)

Anxiously awaiting your review :)

I would buy from Amazon as well. I buy everything there haha.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
ooooo....let us know how it works out!

OP
daphne18

daphne18

Aug 4, 2012
Houston, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Okay,

So, I ground my first batch of chicken leg quarters last weekend, but I let them thaw too much. I didn't have time to refreeze so I went ahead and ground them. Anyway, grinding was difficult because it would gum up in the machine, but I tried it again yesterday with frozen leg quarters and the grinder worked great! I still have to work out some bugs with storing and making a minimal mess, but I think the grinder is good. I just wanted to let everyone know.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Okay,

So, I ground my first batch of chicken leg quarters last weekend, but I let them thaw too much. I didn't have time to refreeze so I went ahead and ground them. Anyway, grinding was difficult because it would gum up in the machine, but I tried it again yesterday with frozen leg quarters and the grinder worked great! I still have to work out some bugs with storing and making a minimal mess, but I think the grinder is good. I just wanted to let everyone know.

Thanks for the tip! I, too, hate the cleanup part.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.