Going to start raw feeding Snowy, tips?

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Well I've heard you can soak it and it helps if it was enhanced but it didn't do anything when I fed Lilly enhanced...I was SUPER dumb when I did it. The bag had it in BIG letters ENHANCED lol. For some reason I thought chicken quarters were going to be hard to find, and when I saw them I got excited and through it right in the cart. It should be on the packaging and should be obvious so don't worry about having to look for it.

I just gave Lilly her first pork neck today, and she took a loooong time too. So when I fed her dinner I made sure to really cut up the bones into smaller pieces so she can get them in her mouth and chew them easier. I did this with chicken backs and chicken necks too, and she seemed to appreciate it a lot. Get yourself a meat clever, because if you don't it's gonna be a pain in the butt!! One good swing of the clever and your done, so it's worth buying in my opinion. I tried cutting up chicken quarters with a normal big knife (the one that was in scream lol) and it took me over an hour to get it all portioned out...Not fun.

OP
EBDR35

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
Well I've heard you can soak it and it helps if it was enhanced but it didn't do anything when I fed Lilly enhanced...I was SUPER dumb when I did it. The bag had it in BIG letters ENHANCED lol. For some reason I thought chicken quarters were going to be hard to find, and when I saw them I got excited and through it right in the cart. It should be on the packaging and should be obvious so don't worry about having to look for it.

I just gave Lilly her first pork neck today, and she took a loooong time too. So when I fed her dinner I made sure to really cut up the bones into smaller pieces so she can get them in her mouth and chew them easier. I did this with chicken backs and chicken necks too, and she seemed to appreciate it a lot. Get yourself a meat clever, because if you don't it's gonna be a pain in the butt!! One good swing of the clever and your done, so it's worth buying in my opinion. I tried cutting up chicken quarters with a normal big knife (the one that was in scream lol) and it took me over an hour to get it all portioned out...Not fun.

Thanks I've read all the little stickers on the packages that I bought and none of them say enhanced or have more than 100mg of sodium!

I already have a meat clever, boy does it work wonders! One good swing does the job like you mentioned haha.

The pork neck you fed her, does it consist of more meat or bone? If so what would you say the ratio is? Same with the chicken backs?

Thanks!

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Thanks I've read all the little stickers on the packages that I bought and none of them say enhanced or have more than 100mg of sodium!

I already have a meat clever, boy does it work wonders! One good swing does the job like you mentioned haha.

The pork neck you fed her, does it consist of more meat or bone? If so what would you say the ratio is? Same with the chicken backs?

Thanks!

Sounds like you're good to go then!!

Yes, I would say equivalent to the back or neck though. Depending on the cut it kinda varied. Some had a lot of meat, other were a big hunk of bone with some meat, so I guess it all balances out. I read online they're fine to feed, so I went with it. The thing is the bones are pretty big and really hard. Lilly is a little smaller then most bullies, so I made sure that they were nice bite size chunks she can work on. I feel like they are a bit big for any bully though, so I would honestly cut them up a bit anyways if you did feed. I could be wrong here though and they might be able to make it work. But Lilly likes to pick up her food and move it when there are big pieces which is messy, and very unsanitary to say the least. So I'm cutting regardless.

Most Reactions