elkusa?

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
Has anyone ever ordered or have experience with elkusa.com? It's a ranch in Colorado that sells deer meat. I came across them online when searching for antlers. Then I noticed that they also sell raw dog food that looks like it is in hamburger form. They also have deer and buffalo leg bones.

Anyone here from Colorado heard of these guys? Do these raw dog food packs seem safe?

I'm thinking of going with these guys instead of Natures Variety, but I cant find any reviews online and wanted to be sure this stuff was good. Im still thinking of adding it to kibble or either just doing the raw feeding at night, and I like the hamburger consistency instead of actual whole parts. I do like the idea of raw bones every once and awhile though.

I also like that all this stuff is coming from the usa, whereas I found out that NVs rabbit is from China and the deer is from Europe.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have not heard of them, but maybe [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] has.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I also have not heard of them.... but if do decide to feed this, do not mix it with kibble; the foods digest differently and could cause upset belly. Either give kibble in AM and raw in PM or reversed... also with raw you will see a decrease in water intake as they get a lot from the raw.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I looked at their website. The prices per lb seem higher than what you get at the grocery store for example but if you don't have access to deer/goat/elk it might be worth it to change up the diet a little.

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
hmm.....I made a thread previously on mixing raw with kibble and I believe [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] does. *scratches head*

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
Yeah their antlers were what drew me in..wonder what the shipping would be like.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Well here you go if you order 5lbs plus. :lol:

ALL CHEW ORDER UP TO 5 POUNDS WILL RECEIVE GUARANTEED UPS FLAT RATE SHIPPING AND HANDLING FOR $9.95 PER BOX Shipping Charges do not appear on the checkout tab. They are added later, upon processing. ON +5lb. orders, UNLESS INSTRUCTED OTHERWISE, WE WILL SHIP YOUR ORDER IMMEDIATELY BYUnited Parcel Service(UPS) at their lowestground rate plus a $3.00 handling charge WITHOUT A CALL TO YOU TO CONFIRM SHIPPING.

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] Thanks! That doesnt sound too bad. I might have to do some shopping soon... They have a good selection.

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
Hehe, just saw that on the top of the antler page. :ashamed:
I think I have selective reading. :tongue:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have seen them online doing my searches, other ranches sell raw too. and they all are pricey, I get my antlers from Yellowstone
Antlers, (elk large) the price went up from 16 a pound to $17. @ pound, I get 4 pounds at a time. $9.95 for shipping . Received a nice variety just 2 weeks ago.
As far as buying raw, I make my own mix here at home. And yes I put it to the kibble. Kibble base is California Natural lamb and rice. I make a mix of 50% raw burger, 25% raw ground carrots and broccoli, throw in some fresh parsley or anything else I have on hand like blueberry's or green beans, and 25% cooked oatmeal. This is the raw mix. To the 2 cups of kibble, I add 1/3 cup of raw mix at each meal, they only get one meal a day. Evening . I tried two meal's a day, but that doesn't work for our schedule. They really enjoy their new meals. It's been about 3 weeks now. Jack had diarrhea for about 5 days but today he's very solid. Everybody is solid again.
Peggy had a small dark patch with minor hair loss on her side that is filling in. So that's a noticed improvement also. Dolly's tear stains are clearing up, in fact they are dry, Griz's scratching of his face has stopped in the last 3 days. Peggy still has some eye goop which I'm sure is allergy from environmental. Benedryl works for her.

We are happy today. :yes:
Until something else comes along, (Don't let me experiment.)

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
They're website is confusing me so much. Very cluttered. haha. I'm picky.

Anyways, I found some price sheets. I saw deer for $30 a pound on there. Say whaaaat??? I would never pay that, ever. What were you looking into getting??

I got Delilah almost 15 lbs of Venison for free. I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for your unwanted meat, and a hunter just plain gave it to me. I've had a lot of luck with getting free meat off of Craigslist. Might be worth looking into.

Where are you located?? One really good site, so I've heard, to order from is Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow. I plan on ordering from them eventually. I haven't yet, but I have heard nothing but good things. https://www.hare-today.com/

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.