Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hmm..raw and kibble?

ditto sarahs poo is so much smaller and less of it than when she was on kibble. i would have never went the raw freeze dried route if she had not been allergic to everything in kibble.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Personally, I wouldn't recommend feeding raw mixed with kibble. I've read plenty about the digestive rates of them being different.
    When feeding raw you want your dogs digestive system to adapt to that diet. It kind of throws the system for a loop when you're doing both. You can't get all the benefits out of raw feeding when you are adding kibble into the mix.

I am on a fabulous FB group I could give you the link to if you're interested..they know a LOT about the cons of feeding kibble mixed with raw. I can't remember everything off the top of my head right now, haha.

And when you can, I definitely recommend preparing your own raw versus buying the "premade." The premade stuff is better than kibble, yes. But they charge an arm and a leg for it!! I actually find it cheaper to feed Delilah raw than kibble. I fed her for two months for about $40 because I've gotten pretty crafty about how and where I get my meat and what I'll pay for it.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I feed my Bella a mixture of raw patties and kibble. Just be very very careful in what raw you give. There is "processed" raw out there. and I hate to say it but Nature's Variety is one of them. They use a High Pressure Pasteurization and that takes most of the benefits away from raw. There are great raw patties out there, just read the label, look for HPP on the label. Rabbit is now very hard to come by, so most are now sourcing the rabbit meat out from China!!!! Just research.

Your best bet is a regional brand, one produced close to you home. They most likely are a smaller company and use local meats and veggies. Also check for raw food coops. That would be a group of people buying in bulk from raw companies, you can get palates wholesale and save on cost. I actually am trying to get one started in my area.

Their poos should be smaller, less frequent and will basically dissolve in the yard because raw is about 95% digested. I have a pup with health issues, poo issues and her poops have never been more perfect!!!

Always with me

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma and Annie
    Likes (Received)

My Emma's sister eats kibble in the morning and raw meat and veg in the evening. She has never had any medical issues, and the increase in the raw has given her alot of energy and controlled her weight, stool is good. she usually mixes the kibble with egg, or sardines, salmon. Work sfine for her.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well you could always do one in morning and one in the evening ive heard that ok like the above poster. kibble in the am and raw in the pm or the other way around. ive heard thats far enough apart to do it that way.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

I just would think it would be stressful on their system for them to be digesting raw and then have to do kibble. It's a lot better for them to digest the raw than the kibble..I would rather their systems adjust to one or the other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads