She stinks!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
It's been 2 weeks on these raw patties. So far no physical reactions at all. No vomiting, diarrhea, no shivering. I might even be tempted to say that her whole attitude has changed too. There's a bounce in her step that I've not seen before and her belly is turning pink again. This is fanfreakintastic! But OMG does she smell. Her hair feels oily and it stinks like old gym socks. Could this be from the turkey? I haven't changed anything else about her diet other than adding these patties to her sweet potato mash.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so happy to hear that Abby is doing great and finding her bounce! Usko eats raw and he really doesn't smell at all. I think that like with everything new Abby is probably just adjusting and the smell will go away if it is from the patties.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
As with Riisi, I'm thinking she's going through a detox period. Every pup experiences it differently, for Stig is was a lot of earwax which lasted for a couple of weeks or so. Punks' skin and ears were in such bad shape that we didn't notice any detox symptoms, everything must've blended in. lol.

If you're really concerned, I'd call the vet to make sure.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
nuVet doesn't want me to give her a bath, he said brushing should be enough. He doesn't sleep with her! lol

I'll give it a little more time. I just thought it might be the turkey.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
You could always get her some doggie perfume! Bre gets a little funky between baths so she has some apple/pear doggie spray :)

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Petco has some good smelling sprays. I've had this coconut scent for a while but don't have to use it very often. Sometimes I just spray a little on the carpet around my desk.

b73d1d83.jpg

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
I bought this lemongrass spray for her. Maybe I should try coconut. It might be stronger. The lemongrass does nothing but make her shiny.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I still find the no bath rule so odd. Thanks goodness Abby doesn't go to daycare. You would not survive a week if so.

A little off topic, but when Punkin moved in with us, the only things he came with were his crate, a puppy halloween costume, a small bag of Royal Canin Bulldog and a spray. Absolutely no toys. :nope: I guess they thought him smelling sorta nice was better. :rolleyes:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
could just be the raw feed ,i would only bath if any allergic reactions show ie itchies,sometimes they go through a greasy,shedding,smelly state sometimes not ,each dog is different when starting raw,keep going with the raw it will work out ,karen

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like it is going good, hopefully just a detox... How often did your vet say you can bathe her?

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like it is going good, hopefully just a detox... How often did your vet say you can bathe her?

nuVet says to never bathe her. There's no way I can do that. I'm supposed to brush her every day instead. I can do the brushing, but no bath? EVER? Yuck

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
if she too smelly then try rubbing some lavender on her coat ,karen

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
This is out of the blue and off-topic...forgive me im so out of the loop..lol
whats her condition where she cant be bathed? Im not on here enough. =)

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
This is out of the blue and off-topic...forgive me im so out of the loop..lol
whats her condition where she cant be bathed? Im not on here enough. =)

No need to apologize :)

My Abby has renal dysplasia. She was born with broken kidneys and is living with chronic kidney failure. She also has elbow and hip dysplasia. Her immune system and liver have taken a vacation and she had a high risk of pancreatis. She is fighting mange right now and had a reaction to the meds they gave her. I started taking her to a holistic vet (she has so many doctors, I call him nuVet :) )

nuVet says to brush her to stimulate blood flow and no baths to build up the essential oils her skin needs to recondition itself.

I have been feeding her homecooked meals for the past 4 months and she is doing great. NuVet recently added raw meat to get diet and she stinks lol

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.