tale of the ox tail

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
well got a 4 foot ox tail today,the first time ive fed annie ox tail,how interesting,very very messy but she got a 40 minute work out and was panting after,her jaw must have been aching :yes:,well shes fast asleep now,i had the butcher chop it in half,half today half next week,heres some pics,i have to say that i threw out the towel i fed her on as it was minging !!
036-2.jpg
099-1.jpg
160-1.jpg
166.jpg
,the ox tail,annie :heart: it,karen

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Wow Karen she looks possitively pooped :heart:
she is creamcrackered ,she was actually panting,you know its a fantastic mental work out,they have to think about eating,also so good for the stomache the acids really get moving,mind you i will let you know what her poops are like ,im ready with the liver if shes too firm and more bone if constipated ,pure madness ha ha ,karen

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Karen... i know i say this a lot, but I'm sure you do not mind ----

​she is gorgeous!!!!!!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
that looks really hard to eat, good thing she got through it, the white on her is so white. She looks fabulous!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I love the scientific part of the raw feeding and the balancing of it all. The creativity of it never lets your friend get bored. How cool is that? WOW I just love the things you feed her Karen and she looks as healthy as any bully I've ever seen. :bow:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
As always, Annie's the prettiest girl in the block. :)

@karenben, have you ever tried giving her goat? Or have you heard anything about it? I had two whole goats cut up in 2-3lb pieces a few months ago and they're still sitting in the freezer. I wonder if they can eat every bone ok. I know Punkin may have issues so I give him the softer ones like the shoulder and such, but wondering if you have experience with all the other parts. Stig can chew a turkey leg with no problems so maybe he'll eat goat well too? In my rawfeeding group, they said feeding any part of a goat should be ok, similar to chicken, duck and rabbit.

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
she is a beauty, plus she looks worn out in the last pic. She must have worked really hard on that tail.

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
As always, Annie's the prettiest girl in the block. :)

@karenben, have you ever tried giving her goat? Or have you heard anything about it? I had two whole goats cut up in 2-3lb pieces a few months ago and they're still sitting in the freezer. I wonder if they can eat every bone ok. I know Punkin may have issues so I give him the softer ones like the shoulder and such, but wondering if you have experience with all the other parts. Stig can chew a turkey leg with no problems so maybe he'll eat goat well too? In my rawfeeding group, they said feeding any part of a goat should be ok, similar to chicken, duck and rabbit.
her allergy panel came back and shes allergic to goat lol and chicken,karen

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
thanks for your kind comments i try hard ,living with an allergic dog is hard work lol,and raw feeding does help,karen

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
she looks lovely and you are sooooo tempting me to try raw with Nigel and Karly lol
keep up the great work!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
A tired bully is a happy bully! :) That is one long ox tail, we've had pig tails but haven't had ox, might be fun to try!

D

Deshawn

seems to be very smart. So, on what sort of food do you rely?? I mean, frozen or raw? I suddenly reminded
that ox tail is awesome for .
Be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.