stella n chewys

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I feed a similar food to stella and chewy's. It's Vital Essential. I can't afford the freeze dried, I do the frozen patties or nuggets. Our store carries both stella and the vital ess. Both of them have been reccommended in the whole dog journal as a great food . I do give stella and chewy's freeze dried snacks and the dogs love them! You might as well give it a try! You could even add some greenbeans or other veggie to bulk it up.

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
I'm from Milwaukee so Stella and Chewys people are at a lot of doggie events that we go to. Our dogs love love love their food and it is super good for them. We go to friends of nature to get the doggies food (we stick with Fromm for food), they are a holistic/natural/healthy type of pet store, and they always highly recommend Stella and Chewys. I bought a bag of the frozen food for my mom's yorkie that was having skin issues (she was feeding it science diet and wouldn't listen to me about it). And I usually stock up on the free samples of Stella and Chewys at the doggie events to use as snack for my dogs when they are out and about (much easier to feed than their dry food). Yes they do give my pups lots of samples and treats because they act so pathetic like we don't feed them at their table. They will keep trying to go back to the table so they can beg some more.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I'm from Milwaukee so Stella and Chewys people are at a lot of doggie events that we go to. Our dogs love love love their food and it is super good for them. We go to friends of nature to get the doggies food (we stick with Fromm for food), they are a holistic/natural/healthy type of pet store, and they always highly recommend Stella and Chewys. I bought a bag of the frozen food for my mom's yorkie that was having skin issues (she was feeding it science diet and wouldn't listen to me about it). And I usually stock up on the free samples of Stella and Chewys at the doggie events to use as snack for my dogs when they are out and about (much easier to feed than their dry food). Yes they do give my pups lots of samples and treats because they act so pathetic like we don't feed them at their table. They will keep trying to go back to the table so they can beg some more.
yea i had kinda decided i was going to order the freeze dried for sarah. she doesnt seem filled up with her canned food all the time and thought it would be good to give with it and maybe she feel better. thanks for the input.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I feed a similar food to stella and chewy's. It's Vital Essential. I can't afford the freeze dried, I do the frozen patties or nuggets. Our store carries both stella and the vital ess. Both of them have been reccommended in the whole dog journal as a great food . I do give stella and chewy's freeze dried snacks and the dogs love them! You might as well give it a try! You could even add some greenbeans or other veggie to bulk it up.

hm i will look at that one to. thanks. well she wont eat greenbeans or hardly anything else i giver her veggie or fruit wise. shes a meat girl :lmao:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy

Alyssa.... is Friends of Nature the one in the Falls in that strip mall that is half torn down now for remodeling???

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
what you want to ck with raw is if it is High Pressure Pasteurized (HPP) this will be on the label. This is a process that bring the nutrients and quality down to a level of kibble. Many big brands do this and you aren't really getting a huge advantage of raw but you are paying bigger bucks. If you want to co-op with others, ck with your feed store. Mine will organize co-ops to order palettes at a cheaper rate.

I have a dear friend who sells raw food for a smaller company. He has been a God's send for raw information. I let him know what I can get in my area, he does the research and tells me the best one. First off, no HPP, next hint: go regional if possible. Regional means local meats/veggies, none of that outsourced stuff.

I started Bella on a Kibble/Raw mix this weekend. I found a regional frozen patty. I give her 2 2oz patties with 1/2cup food in the AM and PM. I am able to mix her enzymes with is and she loves it! One thing I have noticed the last 3 days, she is full of energy, a lot of her aggression has left. We went to a festival this weekend , she never barked at one dog, just walked and wagged her numb'n. I have yet to decide if I will go 100% raw or not.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names

Vitals Essentials is a very good food, regional for Wisconsin, it is a Green Bay company.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok so maybe no stellas ill keep looking. the things that my feed store has like primal and such has things in it that sarah is allergic to. other things than the protein. thats my problem. what patties do you feed [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]. not really interested in natures variety due to their china connection.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
ok so maybe no stellas ill keep looking. the things that my feed store has like primal and such has things in it that sarah is allergic to. other things than the protein. thats my problem. what patties do you feed [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]. not really interested in natures variety due to their china connection.

I went with Raw Health out of Winter Park, FL. She has been doing great so far. I plan on heading over to OC Raw in the near future. They have Venison and Rabbit, which would be even better for Bella.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] ok so I just ordered some vital essentials freeze dried beef nibblets for Sarah to try. will report more when I get them and use them. thanks for the tip

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok just started feeding sarah the freeze dried beef nibblets. i love it they are so hard n crunchy which is what i wanted to supplement her canned food. if all goes well i will order the freeze dried patties. i gave her a few nibblets an hour ago. she is farting some but im hoping its just an adjustment to the raw food. im so excited.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
For what it's worth, I went up to the holistic vet and bought more turkey. I was talking to another vet in the office and he told me that the only other pre packaged raw food that he would recommend is Answers.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
For what it's worth, I went up to the holistic vet and bought more turkey. I was talking to another vet in the office and he told me that the only other pre packaged raw food that he would recommend is Answers.
thing is i cant feed alot of even the prepackaged raw food as they love to add kelp. sarah is allergic to kelp. i have looked at many so i have to even be careful with raw food. :faint: i believe your patties have kelp in them. so vital essentials fits the bill for me will see how she does on them.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.