stella n chewys

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i am thinking of getting this for sarah. the freeze dried not the frozen. its to expensive i think to feed just by itself but i was thinking of putting it over her canned food and stopping the granma lucys freeze dried. any thoughts? can i feed both this and canned? im not planning on adding water to it just putting some over her canned food. so what do yall think. i dont want to do real raw so this is about as close as i will get. any help would be appreciated.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], i have fed the Stella 'n Chewy's freeze dried snax to the boys, and have also crumbled some on their dry kibble. They love the stuff and it's very good quality, i understand. I think it should be fine if you sprinkled some on the wet food.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Wait a minute.

You don't ASK the food questions here, Madam Gastronomical Goddess, you ANSWER them.

Tornadoes...hail in Texas....62 degrees at my house yesterday....Sandra asking food questions....geez, the world is going bERsErK!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wait a minute.

You don't ASK the food questions here, Madam Gastronomical Goddess, you ANSWER them.

Tornadoes...hail in Texas....62 degrees at my house yesterday....Sandra asking food questions....geez, the world is going bERsErK!

:ROFL:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wait a minute.

Why we got a smarty here!! :goodone: :laugh:

I've never heard of these before.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wait a minute.

I agree!! :lmao:

Let us know how it goes, I may want to give it a go!

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
:cry: all i did was ask opinions about something and geez you would think the world stopped. i know what i think about it was interested in someone whose actually fed it. :faint:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:cry: all i did was ask opinions about something and geez you would think the world stopped. i know what i think about it was interested in someone whose actually fed it. :faint:

Okay we will let you off the hook THIS time :D

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am not sure about it, My best friend works for OC Raw and Redrock, I will have to ask him. He will give advice about any company and very honest about it. He is a salesman, however he isn't a BS'r. I know my feed store carries it and at one time he called them to ask specific questions about all their raw, he said that they had a few that are processed and frozen with a high pressure, which in reality is the same as kibble being cooked, so to stay away, however he didn't say which one.

I have been debating on feeding Bella raw. The animals at the feed store are feed a combo of raw and kibble and their coats feel so soft and they look great. I would have to choose a processed patty for measurement reasons. The enzymes she uses are based on measurements and being mixed in, so a leg quarter etc would be out.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard

Pfffft.

My hunch is that it's Armageddon. Cowsmom is asking food questions people...keep your eyes peeled for the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
you dont need to supplement raw ,raw works over a period of time ,if a dog is fed a decent amount of different meat and organ then it will as healthy as a dog can be,also in the states there is raw feed coops which meat can be got very reasonable or even free,i think if anyone is thinking of raw then go full raw the the dog will get full raw benefits,going half raw half kibble then only half the benefits ,karen

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if only i could karen [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] but i do believe when i get paid again im going to order some stella n chewys n try it. cant afford to feed exclusive but i am going to put some on her canned food. see how it goes. dont have freezer space time and i do not feed her all the time bf does to and i would be afraid he would not clean her bowl and wipe counters n such n she would be bacteria. this way i can give it when i can and not if i choose. so this is the best way for me to do it for now.

Most Reactions