Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stella n chewys

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: stella n chewys

you dont need to supplement raw ,raw works over a period of time ,if a dog is fed a decent amount of different meat and organ then it will as healthy as a dog can be,also in the states there is raw feed coops which meat can be got very reasonable or even free,i think if anyone is thinking of raw then go full raw the the dog will get full raw benefits,going half raw half kibble then only half the benefits ,karen

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

if only i could karen @karenben but i do believe when i get paid again im going to order some stella n chewys n try it. cant afford to feed exclusive but i am going to put some on her canned food. see how it goes. dont have freezer space time and i do not feed her all the time bf does to and i would be afraid he would not clean her bowl and wipe counters n such n she would be bacteria. this way i can give it when i can and not if i choose. so this is the best way for me to do it for now.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Pfffft.

My hunch is that it's Armageddon. Cowsmom is asking food questions people...keep your eyes peeled for the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse!
    your a riot

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

I feed a similar food to stella and chewy's. It's Vital Essential. I can't afford the freeze dried, I do the frozen patties or nuggets. Our store carries both stella and the vital ess. Both of them have been reccommended in the whole dog journal as a great food . I do give stella and chewy's freeze dried snacks and the dogs love them! You might as well give it a try! You could even add some greenbeans or other veggie to bulk it up.
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wautersa's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alyssa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chelsea & Chuy
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm from Milwaukee so Stella and Chewys people are at a lot of doggie events that we go to. Our dogs love love love their food and it is super good for them. We go to friends of nature to get the doggies food (we stick with Fromm for food), they are a holistic/natural/healthy type of pet store, and they always highly recommend Stella and Chewys. I bought a bag of the frozen food for my mom's yorkie that was having skin issues (she was feeding it science diet and wouldn't listen to me about it). And I usually stock up on the free samples of Stella and Chewys at the doggie events to use as snack for my dogs when they are out and about (much easier to feed than their dry food). Yes they do give my pups lots of samples and treats because they act so pathetic like we don't feed them at their table. They will keep trying to go back to the table so they can beg some more.
    Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors... I probably have both bulldogs laying on me or fighting for attention...

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wautersa View Post
    I'm from Milwaukee so Stella and Chewys people are at a lot of doggie events that we go to. Our dogs love love love their food and it is super good for them. We go to friends of nature to get the doggies food (we stick with Fromm for food), they are a holistic/natural/healthy type of pet store, and they always highly recommend Stella and Chewys. I bought a bag of the frozen food for my mom's yorkie that was having skin issues (she was feeding it science diet and wouldn't listen to me about it). And I usually stock up on the free samples of Stella and Chewys at the doggie events to use as snack for my dogs when they are out and about (much easier to feed than their dry food). Yes they do give my pups lots of samples and treats because they act so pathetic like we don't feed them at their table. They will keep trying to go back to the table so they can beg some more.
    yea i had kinda decided i was going to order the freeze dried for sarah. she doesnt seem filled up with her canned food all the time and thought it would be good to give with it and maybe she feel better. thanks for the input.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelgirl View Post
    I feed a similar food to stella and chewy's. It's Vital Essential. I can't afford the freeze dried, I do the frozen patties or nuggets. Our store carries both stella and the vital ess. Both of them have been reccommended in the whole dog journal as a great food . I do give stella and chewy's freeze dried snacks and the dogs love them! You might as well give it a try! You could even add some greenbeans or other veggie to bulk it up.
    hm i will look at that one to. thanks. well she wont eat greenbeans or hardly anything else i giver her veggie or fruit wise. shes a meat girl

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wautersa View Post

Alyssa.... is Friends of Nature the one in the Falls in that strip mall that is half torn down now for remodeling???

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wautersa's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alyssa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chelsea & Chuy
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@BruceP : Yes. We actually brought the pups there on my lunch break to get them some more food.
    Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors... I probably have both bulldogs laying on me or fighting for attention...

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

what you want to ck with raw is if it is High Pressure Pasteurized (HPP) this will be on the label. This is a process that bring the nutrients and quality down to a level of kibble. Many big brands do this and you aren't really getting a huge advantage of raw but you are paying bigger bucks. If you want to co-op with others, ck with your feed store. Mine will organize co-ops to order palettes at a cheaper rate.

I have a dear friend who sells raw food for a smaller company. He has been a God's send for raw information. I let him know what I can get in my area, he does the research and tells me the best one. First off, no HPP, next hint: go regional if possible. Regional means local meats/veggies, none of that outsourced stuff.

I started Bella on a Kibble/Raw mix this weekend. I found a regional frozen patty. I give her 2 2oz patties with 1/2cup food in the AM and PM. I am able to mix her enzymes with is and she loves it! One thing I have noticed the last 3 days, she is full of energy, a lot of her aggression has left. We went to a festival this weekend , she never barked at one dog, just walked and wagged her numb'n. I have yet to decide if I will go 100% raw or not.

Always with me

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelgirl View Post

Vitals Essentials is a very good food, regional for Wisconsin, it is a Green Bay company.

Always with me

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

ok so maybe no stellas ill keep looking. the things that my feed store has like primal and such has things in it that sarah is allergic to. other things than the protein. thats my problem. what patties do you feed @Bella'sMom. not really interested in natures variety due to their china connection.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads