Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I really want to try raw with Delilah..

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I really want to try raw with Delilah..

i know kibble is easy to feed ,but to be honest we really do not know whats in kibble ,how its been handled and most importantly where the meat has been sourced from,a lot of road kill,pets that have been put to sleep are taken to rendering plants and used in kibble ,horrific i know but just youtube it and you will find all sorts of gruesome thing regarding rendering plants,so for my dog its raw all the way,karen

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I think I will give it a shot when I move back to California in a couple of months

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Thought I would update this real quick.

I've had Delilah on raw for about 2 weeks now and I'm loving it and so is she. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. Of course more time consuming than kibble, but the way she acts and how she looks is much better so it's worth it. The cost honestly isn't much different from feeding a high quality grain free kibble.

I'm happy because she's actually eating her meals. She'd skip meals for days before..she hated kibble. Now she gobbles them up! She is kind of picky about actually sitting and chewing on food so I do have to cut it up into pieces for her occasionally. I hope this isn't too terrible for her. I'm sure it's still better than feeding kibble. My mom hates this raw diet, lol. She thinks its gross. I'm going to Vegas for all of next week and I prepackaged out all the meals for her to give Delilah because god knows she won't touch the food, haha. She thinks its a fad and that the results are in my head. Oh, well!

I've found a local meat market that I love going to. They have everything I need at decent prices and they give me free scraps everytime I come in. I'm sure they love me because I buy all the stuff no one else wants, lol.

Delilah is looking really good. Nice, shiny coat..lean and muscular, great figure..and her staining on her face is almost completely gone. I'm having almost no problems with build up in her wrinkles or ears now and that enough is exciting! it'll be great for her to have a clear face again. She's pooping a lot less, I don't think we're down to the desired "raw poop" yet but it's definitely getting there.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

That's fantastic, way to go! I cut up some of Punkin's meat too only because he's a swallower. He'll chew the ones with bones, but if it's just meat, he'll practically try to fit everything in his mouth. Great to hear that Delilah's actually eating her whole meal this time.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads