Raw Pig Ears?

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Has anyone ever fed raw pig ears?
I have heard conflicting stories about the ones that are cooked/basted and sold in pet stores but I'm talking totally raw ones here. Like cut...and packaged. My local supermarket just started selling them and the price isn't awful so I was wondering if that would be a fun chew type treat for my pooches.

Thanks for any advice/info! :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I am sorry I am no help I havent yet gotten to where I could give Brutus raw yet! Its just me I dont know why?? Im curious though as to the same question as you! I have heard they can have all types of bones that are uncooked so I dont see why they couldnt have these supervised! I know others will be along with gread advice! You know [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] helped me with the bone issue maybe she can shed some light for you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I haven't heard much on 'totally raw ears'.... this is a question for the true raw feeders - [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] there are a few others that escape me right now

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I feed raw, but I've never seen or feed Usko raw pigs ears, but that's here in Finland. Don't see why not, but like the cooked ones, only supervised. Usko almost choked on a cooked pigs ear, but luckily I managed to fish it out from his troat. His tongue was already all blue. I got the scare of my life. I've seen raw pigs feet/hoofs, have not fed though.

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I figure when karenben comes alone she will know something about this...she denies it but she is the raw feeding guru! LOL :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I myself would not give these to my bullies simply because of the choking hazard.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I gave Stig a raw pig ear once and never again. Not because he almost choked on it, but it was just too tough for him. He chewed on one for almost 40 mins and couldn't get a piece off. We felt so sorry for him that we took it away and gave him something else that was easy to eat. He was so tired from the chewing that he crashed right after. Poor guy. :( lol.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I personally dont do anything like that! I dont do ears or anything and I was curious to see what everyones opinion was! I think im just too scared of them choking and me not knowing how to handle it! I used to think bones cooked or uncooked were bad until people said only uncooked bones are ok! But supervised

C

Cooper11

I have have gave Coop pig ears. Not the raw one but the others.....He LOVES them I just have to make sure I am watching him cuz once he gets it soft and soggy he will try to swallow it whole! So I would say watch him with any pig ears raw or not, if you are going to take the risk! :)

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i personaly never feed pigs ears either smoked or raw they are too much of a pain,and a high chocking hazzard as all above have said,buy a pig trotter instead ,hours of fun but really gross lol ,thanks for the compliment MamaAndi but honestly im a novice like most raw feeders here but still sweet of you to say,karen

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
@karenben...pig trotter? Do I want to know what part of the pig that refers to? LOLWhew...I just googled it....feet, that makes sense...trotter. :ROFL:

Last edited:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
when i gave annie her trotter it looked like a babies arm!!!!,its the only thing i hate feeding her
176.jpg
181.jpg
,she even went off and buried it ,i binned it when she wasnt looking lol,karen

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
My oh my her coat is soooo shiny and soft looking!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] does the emu oil help the shedding as well?
The stores here sell the pig feet too! May have to get some of those to give them something fun to chew on.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.