Thread: lung

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Default lung

well i finally got hold of some lung,i must admit i did not enjoy cutting it up lolbut annie loved it ,quite gross really and i have a strong stomache,karen

Bulldog Spoiler Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: lung

Oh wow!! That picture alone looks gross. But if it is for our babies we will do anything.

Who wouldn't love that face???

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We usually get those and dehydrate them. The trick for cutting is that they need to be semi-frozen first.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

are you getting them from slaughter houses? We no longer have any of those around here. We only have processing houses. The closest slaughter house is a couple hours away. I called them one time and they told me any organ meat they would save for me if I wanted. This is back when I thought of using raw pancreas for Bella. However the amount of pancreas for her food would be tremendous, so I opted out.

I can't do raw with out it being ground. I need to mix enzymes into her food and they say the more the enzymes can come into contact, the better. So I am looking at raw pre-formed patties.

Always with me

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

That is a beautiful healthy looking lung. How much will she get at a feeding? @karenben
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

well i gave her half the lung then thought maybe i should have got some advice from the raw feeding foum lol,they said introduce it slow!!!!!,she loved it ,has a cast iron stomache so hopefully no side effects,it cut through really easily but i didnt like the look of the windpipe!!!!,ive tried getting lung all over the place and found it at a local butcher 10 mins away ,its very chewy she actually had to chew her food for once,karen

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Annie looks very healthy and your raw diet is impressive. I love hearing all the things you offer to her. I have many butcher shops near me also. I'm in envy of the raw feeder's, my husband, not so much. I wish I knew someone near me who feeds raw so I could show him the pro's. @karenben

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Annie looks very healthy and your raw diet is impressive. I love hearing all the things you offer to her. I have many butcher shops near me also. I'm in envy of the raw feeder's, my husband, not so much. I wish I knew someone near me who feeds raw so I could show him the pro's. @karenben
    but if your husband maybe agreed to raw feed for a few months he will see a difference not only in health but bank balance lol,you will have to keep on at him till he gives in lol,my old man doesnt really care what i feed annie,shes my dog so i do all for her hes just the dog walker at weekends when hes not working!!,karen

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by karenben View Post
    but if your husband maybe agreed to raw feed for a few months he will see a difference not only in health but bank balance lol,you will have to keep on at him till he gives in lol,my old man doesnt really care what i feed annie,shes my dog so i do all for her hes just the dog walker at weekends when hes not working!!,karen

Totally on board with you, we even bought the new freezer last summer to fill it with the new raw diet, when it came to doing just that, he backed out. Germ's , salmonella, big mess, blah blah blah, yatta yatta The freezer is like more that half empty still. He says I have too many dogs to feed raw, and they may fight over the food.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Totally on board with you, we even bought the new freezer last summer to fill it with the new raw diet, when it came to doing just that, he backed out. Germ's , salmonella, big mess, blah blah blah, yatta yatta The freezer is like more that half empty still. He says I have too many dogs to feed raw, and they may fight over the food.
    dogs will fight over fresh air if they feel like it!!!,it can be so much cheaper to raw feed,as for germs as long as you clean up well there is no risk to us humans,dogs stomaches are equipped for germs so that is a bit of a moot point tell him lol,he could at least try it even if its just to shut you up lol,karen

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Whew...I don't think I would wanna cut in to that bad boy!

@karenben...has Annie ever had tounge? I always see beef tounge at the store, sometimes on sale. Wondered how it would go over.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAndi View Post
    Whew...I don't think I would wanna cut in to that bad boy!

@karenben ...has Annie ever had tounge? I always see beef tounge at the store, sometimes on sale. Wondered how it would go over.
    tongue is so expensive here in the uk so i havnt tried her on that,but if i could get it cheap then i would give her tongue,karen

Remove Ads