lung

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
well i finally got hold of some lung,i must admit i did not enjoy cutting it up lol
001-3.jpg
but annie loved it ,quite gross really and i have a strong stomache,karen

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh wow!! That picture alone looks gross. But if it is for our babies we will do anything. :smoochwink:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We usually get those and dehydrate them. The trick for cutting is that they need to be semi-frozen first. :yes:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
are you getting them from slaughter houses? We no longer have any of those around here. We only have processing houses. The closest slaughter house is a couple hours away. I called them one time and they told me any organ meat they would save for me if I wanted. This is back when I thought of using raw pancreas for Bella. However the amount of pancreas for her food would be tremendous, so I opted out.

I can't do raw with out it being ground. I need to mix enzymes into her food and they say the more the enzymes can come into contact, the better. So I am looking at raw pre-formed patties.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
That is a beautiful healthy looking lung. How much will she get at a feeding? [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION]

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
well i gave her half the lung then thought maybe i should have got some advice from the raw feeding foum lol,they said introduce it slow!!!!!,she loved it ,has a cast iron stomache so hopefully no side effects,it cut through really easily but i didnt like the look of the windpipe!!!!,ive tried getting lung all over the place and found it at a local butcher 10 mins away ,its very chewy she actually had to chew her food for once,karen

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Annie looks very healthy and your raw diet is impressive. I love hearing all the things you offer to her. I have many butcher shops near me also. I'm in envy of the raw feeder's, my husband, not so much. I wish I knew someone near me who feeds raw so I could show him the pro's. [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION]

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Annie looks very healthy and your raw diet is impressive. I love hearing all the things you offer to her. I have many butcher shops near me also. I'm in envy of the raw feeder's, my husband, not so much. I wish I knew someone near me who feeds raw so I could show him the pro's. @karenben
but if your husband maybe agreed to raw feed for a few months he will see a difference not only in health but bank balance lol,you will have to keep on at him till he gives in lol,my old man doesnt really care what i feed annie,shes my dog so i do all for her hes just the dog walker at weekends when hes not working!!,karen

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
but if your husband maybe agreed to raw feed for a few months he will see a difference not only in health but bank balance lol,you will have to keep on at him till he gives in lol,my old man doesnt really care what i feed annie,shes my dog so i do all for her hes just the dog walker at weekends when hes not working!!,karen

Totally on board with you, we even bought the new freezer last summer to fill it with the new raw diet, when it came to doing just that, he backed out. Germ's , salmonella, big mess, blah blah blah, yatta yatta The freezer is like more that half empty still. He says I have too many dogs to feed raw, and they may fight over the food.

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Totally on board with you, we even bought the new freezer last summer to fill it with the new raw diet, when it came to doing just that, he backed out. Germ's , salmonella, big mess, blah blah blah, yatta yatta The freezer is like more that half empty still. He says I have too many dogs to feed raw, and they may fight over the food.
dogs will fight over fresh air if they feel like it!!!,it can be so much cheaper to raw feed,as for germs as long as you clean up well there is no risk to us humans,dogs stomaches are equipped for germs so that is a bit of a moot point tell him lol,he could at least try it even if its just to shut you up lol,karen

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Whew...I don't think I would wanna cut in to that bad boy!

[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION]...has Annie ever had tounge? I always see beef tounge at the store, sometimes on sale. Wondered how it would go over.

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Whew...I don't think I would wanna cut in to that bad boy!

@karenben ...has Annie ever had tounge? I always see beef tounge at the store, sometimes on sale. Wondered how it would go over.
tongue is so expensive here in the uk so i havnt tried her on that,but if i could get it cheap then i would give her tongue,karen

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.