Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
So, if you have read my other thread I posted elsewhere I was told that I need to fatten Matilda up a bit. So, my question is, she already gets 2 pounds a day, how much more should I feed her. Should I move her back up to 2 times a day??

MikeyBoi

Jun 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Aye-Ma like Hey Ma
She looks fine to me...and whos ur vet?....i would recommend a bulldog vet,pretty sure its on this site somewhere...its a list of all bulldog vet in the USA....btw how old and how much she weight

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Age and weight is important. My Usko is 15 months old active male, weights about 56lbs and gets a bit more than a pound a day devided in two meals, so more than two pounds sounds a bit much. If she really needs to fatten up, maybe adding some fat, not increasing the amount would do it.

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Age and weight is important. My Usko is 15 months old active male, weights about 56lbs and gets a bit more than a pound a day devided in two meals, so more than two pounds sounds a bit much. If she really needs to fatten up, maybe adding some fat, not increasing the amount would do it.

I like your answer. I do know of a bully vet but he lives in Shawnee. I take her there for certain things. What would be good for fat??

She is 14 months and 47 pounds last check. She is also very active.

Last edited:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I like your answer. I do know of a bully vet but he lives in Shawnee. I take her there for certain things. What would be good for fat??

She is 14 months and 47 pounds last check. She is also very active.

I looked at the pictures you posted and i think she looks perfect, but then again I'm not a judge and I like them on the leaner side.
We get meaty fats from our stores. It's about 90% fat and it can be lambs, chickens, porks or just about any animals fatty tissue with just a little bit meat. If you don't already give any oils, salmon or something like that good be added to the feed.

Dante

Jul 20, 2011
the basic formula is between 3% and 4% of your dogs body weight give or take. It depends on how he looks. My 10 month old weights 46 pounds and gets 1.85lbs a day. He looks lean and strong.

Dante

Jul 20, 2011
His diet mostly consist of chicken. I buy whole chikens for $0.69 a pound and chop them up un large pieces. I prepare once a week his meal plan and consist of 0.10lb liver, 0.2lb necks ( wich i buy for $0.40/lb) 0.6 chicken, fed twice a day. Two to three times a week I add a whole egg and when i get red meat for below $1.80 a pound I substitute the liver and chicken and complement with necks. Also I supplement with salmon oil daily.

384929_10150424525493105_506563104_8900714_1463272378_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
2 POUNDS??? of What?????

Matilda is a very active bully. She always seems hungry. I give her 2 pounds of whatever is on her menue for the day. Honestly I still feed her twice a day. 1 pound morning with her suppliments and cottage cheese every other morning and then 1 pound in the evening with her veggies.

Most Reactions