cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Do you mean to say that this egg regimen I'm doing is incorrect? They're supposed to be RAW? With the SHELLS? Ewwww.

I don't think Bea and Bo are going to be happy about this. They enjoy their egg Frittata ala Duck Gravy.

no dear you can still cook their eggs if you want don't have to feed them raw lol

TrickDogTrainer

Aug 23, 2011
Titusville, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Riddick
Ha, ha! I love it! You know it's funny, my dog's will eat just about anything raw, but the eggs didn't go over well in my house either in the beginning. I figured out, they didn't like the slimy whites! They ended up doing the same thing with slimy uncooked chicken livers too (which they adore). So the solution to this day is, we slightly cook these items just to the point where they are no longer slimy, or for the eggs we sometimes just get the yolks, and everything is gobbled down!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I intend to try raw eggs when the weather gets nicer ... no way am I doing THAT inside the house!!! :nope: But whenever I mention it the hubby just rolls his eyes ...... :tongue:

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
that is a shame they did not enjoy their eggs, Emma loves eggs. I put yolk over other food, and because she was born with very small trachae, I crush the shells up, and put them along with yolk over something else. Makes a beautiful coat.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
You can also grind the eggshells in a grinder to powder form and sprinkle them in their food. But always grind right before you serve, it loses its effect after a while.

Purebred

Sep 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Onyx
my boy is 7 mnths now and loves raw eggs i feed him 1 twice a day morning and night. but i dnt give him the shell so is that too much eggs and is he to young for shells or is he allgud to start eat them?

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Hey guys, don't you know that you have to add green food coloring and ham to get them to eat eggs? :lmaogirl:

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i feed them eggs like 3 times a week or so. im not sure bout eggs twice a day really might be to much. i think most do it sporatically or every other day but not positive. [MENTION=6249]Purebred[/MENTION]

M

mabel lou

Exactly what is the purpose of feeding them a raw egg/and shell? I love reading all of this but never heard of it so I will wait before I even attempt it with Mabel. Although I am certain she will eat it down the hatch it goes. Mabels like Mikey "she eats anything":droolers::nice:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I give my guys a hard cooked egg once a week, but didn't know you could or should give them the egg raw. Is raw better? And why? Also maybe if they don't like it in a bowl by itself, you could mix it into their kibble.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Exactly what is the purpose of feeding them a raw egg/and shell? I love reading all of this but never heard of it so I will wait before I even attempt it with Mabel. Although I am certain she will eat it down the hatch it goes. Mabels like Mikey "she eats anything":droolers::nice:

Eggs are probably the best "usable" protein source there is. The shells are an excellent, all natural source of calcium.

I give my guys a hard cooked egg once a week, but didn't know you could or should give them the egg raw. Is raw better? And why? Also maybe if they don't like it in a bowl by itself, you could mix it into their kibble.

Once you cook it, you change the properties of the egg and therefore change the quality of the protein.

Abby gets 1 raw egg white mixed into her food twice a day. The yolk is way too high in phosphorous for her so that part gets mixed into Otis and Roxy's food. And yes, you can mix it right into their kibbles.

M

mabel lou

Ok so is this more for treat or more for health ect? I am going to try this on Mabel and see how it works out. Thank you very much also.

Members online

No members online now.