trying chicken again

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
well its been 6 weeks since i fed annie chicken backs,the butcher delivered to my works and brought a big bag of backs for annie ,ive soaked it for 2 hours in case of high sodium and shes just crunched it down in a frenzy :D,so nows the test to see if she starts itching ,fast asleep all full up at the moment so fingers crossed she wont have a reaction,karen

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko too had chicken backs this evening and really enjoyed them. Hopefully Annie can enjoy hers many many times without any itching!

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
well ITCH ITCH ITCH,i could hear her in the early hours ,got up and sure enough red raised bumps around her belly button ,a bit irritated round her chops but no runny eyes or sneezing ,so definatly no more chicken for annie which is a shame as i get the chicken free!!!,im best feeding red meats only,i know pork is classed as a red meat but it has the same effect as chicken all very strange,i have started feeding rabbit though as i can get it cheapish so at least thats another meat she can eat,she has had rabbit before but it was just too expensive where i was buying it ,also managed to get ox liver which is very hard to get where i live so she had that before bed and my goodness did her eyes pop lol,only crazy people put up with bulldogs ha ha ,karen

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor Annie, but now you know. Have you tried turkey?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw karen well at least you know no more chicken. im sure you will work it out your a great bully mama

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Poor Annie, but now you know. Have you tried turkey?
turkey seems to have the same effect,but have to say that the lumps/bumps and itching only lasted a couple of hours usually its a couple of days so there is some progress,karen

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Where do you buy the chicken? Or more like where is it grown? Most poultry is packed with artificial stuff to make them grow faster. So the more organic it is it could be suited to Annie better.

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
the price of organic here in the uk is a rip off i dont even buy it for us lol,thats why britain is called rip off britain lol,karen

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh thats awful. i am buying more organic for myself as im sick of the freaken hormones a bs they put in my food here. to bad. im glad annie is better though. awsome bully mom you are

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
ta cowsmom ,i will have to raise my own chucks lol,karen

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Aww!! Poor Annie!! Matilda loves her chicken, She prefers it over anything else. Oh, by the way Miss Annie is a very beautiful girl!! I love the avitar picture! :heart: :luv:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.