Thread: I wish that more people would try feeding raw to their bullies

Real Name
    Anthony
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Eleanor ('Elly')
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I wish that more people would try feeding raw to their bullies

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    I so would love to go raw as many of you here have heard me mention often, even purchased the freezer to keep the meat. My brakes are put on when it comes to the # of dogs I have (5) and the mess or fights I may have to deal with.
    While there is certainly a bit more involved in raw feeding with prep/cleanup/etc., it's probably not as bad as you imagine. A great way you can eliminate potential fights (and minimize cleanup) is to feed your dogs in their crates.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ame16 View Post
    While there is certainly a bit more involved in raw feeding with prep/cleanup/etc., it's probably not as bad as you imagine. A great way you can eliminate potential fights (and minimize cleanup) is to feed your dogs in their crates.

Well, my dogs are well behaved adults now and the crates have been taken down for a year now. I must tell you though, I will consider buying a grinder and making my own raw
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mer55 View Post
    I am in awe of anyone who does complete raw! It really intrigues me, but I am so fearful of not doing it correctly, not enough nutrients, when to do organ meat, etc etc. It really seems very time consuming and confusing to me. I also am not a fan of handling raw meat- that in itself would cause me to have my own stomach issues. That said, is there anyone out there that uses Natures Instinct Frozen and kibble together? Would love to know how your pups do on that, how you feed it, and how young you started them. I know it is expensive, but I would be willing to give it a try if I thought it would be better. As evidenced by yet another bout of diarrhea with Bogey this morning, he has a very sensative stomach and I just wonder if the raw would be better.
    I use to feed the prepared Nature's Variety raw foods, the dogs loved it!! It was super easy, just give a raw patty in the morning and again in the evening I mixed in some veggies and it worked great ... at the time I only co-owned Molly and she was to be a show/breeding dog so when it was time to send her to her other owner for show training etc I had to switch her back to kibble then when she came home would switch her back it was a real PAIN then when she was bred I had to feed her kibble with cooked chicken so when she was spayed I said I would go back to feeding raw but haven't made the change back as of yet.

Reading this thread makes me realize I should switch back!! But even if I do I will still use the prepared raw patties mixed with The Honest Kitchen Dehydrated Raw ... just because I can't help but fear I would do things wrong
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Real Name
    Lucie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Liz and Amy
    Likes (Received)

I only have two bulldogs, but I just grab some chicken thighs (2 for each dog), rip off the skin and excess fat, plop it in their bowls, then wash my hands with warm soapy water. If I want to get fancy, I will sear the outsides over high heat for a minute or two, sprinkle with cumin or turmeric or ground red chilies - the ladies love curry! Pork or beef is cut into large chunks so they still get chewing pleasure. Once or twice a week they get beef liver or chicken hearts or something like that (I usually cook those a little because the ladies prefer it cooked). I really don't go crazy. If I don't have enough meat, I make them filler of bulgur, brown rice, or some other grain and vegetables. I give them whatever fruit or veggie we snack on during the day. If they look hungry when I get home from work, I give them each a bowl of kibble as a snack. I also keep on hand cheapo canned dog food for when I don't feel up to feeding them for whatever reason. I think of it as fast food or junk food. I've never made a big deal over their food and neither one gulps it down, they chew everything.
    Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member flkjr2's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Z
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ame16 View Post
    Go PMR. No grinder necessary.
    Thanks! Im still up in the air with it though.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Remove Ads