RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm reading from this site all the worry and anxiety of people about what kibble to feed to their beloved bullies. Compared to how difficult it is to stick with the food of your choice so long that you really see if it's suitable even when your pet is reacting bad to it and feeding raw, I think raw is sooo easy. Some people think that it's difficult and time consuming but it really is not. Many people seem to end up chancing the kibble so often their bullies have no chance of adapting. Most dogs take to raw in a week and really thrive on it. Here's a useful site.

rawmeatybones.com

My Usko's meals for the whole week as follows and I do switch the order sometimes. It's a bit different from main stream because Usko has predisposition to develope bladder stoners. If not I would feed organs once a week and fish and red meats. Meaty bones must have about 50/50 meat/bones, pork backs, turkey neck or chicken wings etc.

Mon
morning meaty bones evening pork meat, egg(with shell) some yoghurt, cod liver oil, vitamin B, kelp
Tue
morning meaty bones evening meaty bones
Wed
morning Chicken meat, egg(with shell) some yoghurt, cod liver oil, vitamin B, kelp evening meaty bones
Thu
morning meaty bones evening tripe, maybe some green veggies, yoghurt, cod liver oil, vitamin B, kelp
Fri
morning meaty bones evening meaty bones
Sat
morning pork meat, egg(with shell) some green veggies, cod liver oil, vitamin B, kelp evening meaty bones
Sun
morning meaty bones evening evening tripe, maybe some green veggies, yoghurt, cod liver oil, vitamin B, kelp

And thats how it goes. I take the next meal out of the freezer when I serve the meal.
Usko loves it and is happy and healthy. We made the switch when he about 7 months. He hated kibble and we had the best kind. He was starting to get problems with his skin and his stools were always soft. His breath was quite bad also. I was always trying to spice it up with something because he didn't like, but stilll he ate only now and then and was really skinny. Now he really waits for his food and that also warms my heart.

And if you think of the wolfs, dogs ancestors, I don't think they thought when choosing a prey what they had for their last meal...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I have trouble fixing myself a ham & cheese sandwich....
I usually dont make it to the table. i open the ziplock bag where the ham is stored and I eat a couple of slices right away... then I open the cheese container and i eat a couple of those....
I take a couple of gulps from the OJ container and then I say to myself.
" Why fix a sandwich now? Im not even hungry!" :ROFL:

For people like me.... opeinging a bag of dry Kibble is the only way to go...

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It is not that it is to difficult for me to follow, it is more a personal thing, I can hardly eat meat myself, I am very funny about it. I would :barf: if I seen Vegas eating raw. Again it is a personal choice, I completely support those that do and I know it is a great choice, just not mine.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION] - Oh Jack, sometimes I worry about you. :lol:

As for the rawfeeding, I can understand how people are put off by it. I received a lot of help from Stigs' and Punks' daycare owner that she made the transition easy. I'd be more hesitant if I didn't have any visual cues (she made a video, wrote a book and even went to a grocery store tour) and simply read off a site.

Also some people don't like the feeling of meat. I don't mind it, but I do gag when I have to clean up runny poop. My bf knows that it's his job to clean when that happens because I think I would faint. lol. So I understand how some people don't like touching raw stuff.

I am very impressed that this site promotes healthy eating fully, though. Even if members choose to go the kibble route. My only wish is that more owners find this site and get inspired to change to the best food possible for their bully. Without this forum, I'd be stuck in rut trying to figure out what Stig was allergic to when we first got him. On my very first post, everyone mentioned that finding the right food for him was utmost important ... and they were all right. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I agree with [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] AND [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]. We do the best we can! I also can barely eat meat and if I have to handle it much..then I can't eat it after its cooked!. Soooo the thought of raw chicken all over the place :barf: me! But yay for those who it works for!

:hmm: NOW....[MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION]...you my friend....are NOT okay! :nonono: :nope:

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

Oh yea... right... as if im the only one that takes a swig out of the OJ carton....:glare:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I feed kibble by choice. Sure raw MAY be better for them or maybe not. I have 3 dogs and 2 toddlers and my hands are full as it is. I am not about to add in dealing with raw feeding when their feedings already are time consuming enough for my day. To each their own. Quality is most important whether it be kibble or raw. I just wish for everyone to find what works best for their babies and have them healthy. My "kids" are all very healthy.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
not getting into this one as i can be a tad anal when it comes to raw feed:laugh:,karen

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm ok also with you feeding kibble when that's ok with your dogs and they are doing fine with it. I'm not saying that everybody has to feed raw. But there's a lot of people that don't dare to try raw because of misinformation about it. And end up trying one kibble after another with bad results. But if you just don't do it because you're squeamish and your dog suffers, that I don't get. Then I'd say get over it.[h=1]
[/h]

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm ok also with you feeding kibble when that's ok with your dogs and they are doing fine with it. I'm not saying that everybody has to feed raw. But there's a lot of people that don't dare to try raw because of misinformation about it. And end up trying one kibble after another with bad results. But if you just don't do it because you're squeamish and your dog suffers, that I don't get. Then I'd say get over it.

:bang:

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
That probably didn't come out right and seemed to end up kibble feeders against raw feeders, that is was not meant to. Hopefully somebody finds it useful. Over and out.

Most Reactions