Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I wish that more people would try feeding raw to their bullies

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I wish that more people would try feeding raw to their bullies

i had chicken buts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,yes found a load at the local butcher but didnt share them with my dog,karen

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    If this thread turns into an argument I will close it.... at the very least. Thank you for keeping it civil.

BruceP
    Is this a joke?

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Kibbler here...

I am all for prey model raw... unfortunately, I couldn't leave my babies with the doggie hotel if I go raw as the ones I use doesn't have a refrigerator for their food. Also, I leave the dogs with my nephew a lot too and I can't inconvenience him more than he is already. I even condition the dogs to eat straight kibble without the canned topping a few days before I leave them because my nephew (and I'm thinking the doggie hotel would do the same probably) would put the food in the container on his way out the door to go to school and leave it there until he comes home from school.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Is this a joke?
    Ummm...i don't think so. Got my attention though!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I wish oh do I wish I could do raw. I have heard from so many of my friends how well it works and how great their dogs do on it. However with Bella's condition, raw would be too much of a risk for her. She has to have all parts of her food treated with her enzymes, she can't have too much bone, no grain etc....gets very tricky. As it is I have to crush her kibble, treat with enzymes and let incubate for 20 mins. Someday in the far future I will have a dog on raw....but then again that maybe when I am too old and on the Social Security that won't be there.....so I might be eating kibble myself.

Always with me

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    TBD
    Likes (Received)

I just started feeding Sojos, which is a raw freeze dried product. The pup loves it and his stools are amazingly firm. We were on Fromm gold large puppy and his stools were always soft. Vet wanted to deworm him (even after 3 stool samples showed no worms). So i said F^*K it, I'm gonna try a raw diet. he's been healthy ever since. no more antibiotics, rive an meat etc...

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i have considered doing raw but just cant seem to do it. i also do not have the time and am not the only one feeding the dogs so i have to factor in what bf will do also. pulling it out of the freezer, thawing it, feeding it, cleaning bowls after every feeding. i have considered prepackaged raw but i think im going to maybe do the grandma lucys pureformance which is freeze dried dog food. its one of the things that has nothing in it that i know sarah is allergic to. not saying i wont do raw but my circumstances dont let me do it now. kudos to people that do as i do believe its good for pets.

You can teach your dog to eat raw out of his bowl and there is no mess. I highly recomend raw! My dog loves it and is full of energy and life, plus clean teeth. Here he is eating chicken backs and brest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmHZafuiEUw

Alaskasmom1

I started "Tank and Alaska" on raw after learning a lot about it from online research. We have a local Ahmish meat company near us. They charged me .50 per pound for ground and packaged meats, and gave me all of the fresh raw bones I wanted. It's been 6 weeks and my bullies gas problems have all but disappeared, their coats feel almost like rabbit fur, they poop every other day, their breath doesn't smell awful, the allergy symptoms they had are minimal, tear stains are lots better but not completely gone yet,their shedding is minimal, they beg to eat, I could go on and on. I fed them Taste of The Wild salmon before this and they did well on it, but not as well as with the raw diet. I made one trip to the Amish meat market 6 weeks ago and I still have a lot of meat. It cost me about 62.00 that day. Taste of The Wild is 50.00 per bag in my area,and lasts two weeks per bag. I'll still keep that around to occasionally mix with meat for a change in food.
    Im so happy I found this site!
    Last edited by Alaskasmom1; 04-13-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskasmom1 View Post
    I started "Tank and Alaska" on raw after learning a lot about it from online research. We have a local Ahmish meat company near us. They charged me .50 per pound for ground and packaged meats, and gave me all of the fresh raw bones I wanted. It's been 6 weeks and my bullies gas problems have all but disappeared, their coats feel almost like rabbit fur, they poop every other day, their breath doesn't smell awful, the allergy symptoms they had are minimal, tear stains are lots better but not completely gone yet,their shedding is minimal, they beg to eat, I could go on and on. I fed them Taste of The Wild salmon before this and they did well on it, but not as well as with the raw diet. I made one trip to the Amish meat market 6 weeks ago and I still have a lot of meat. It cost me about 62.00 that day. Taste of The Wild is 50.00 per bag in my area,and lasts two weeks per bag. I'll still keep that around to occasionally mix with meat for a change in food.
    Im so happy I found this site!
    you really should stop kibble all together ,if your feeding full raw then its all a dog needs,you may be setting yourself up for trouble poops wise,good to hear raw is going so well and have transitioned so easily,its such an easy and healthy way to feed ,well done ,karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)

I just bought the book Raw Meaty Bones on Amazon,my bunny buddy is gonna butcher a half dozen rabbits for me, and I ordered two oxtails from the butcher, so I guess I'm going to give the raw diet a whirl!
    My Dogs Can Lick Anyone

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

I tried raw feeding Tyson and t didn't work out well for him , but he is old. I will say that they vet told me raw feeding may be too much protein for an older dogs kidneys to handle
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads