So Sojos?

Charles Yin

Oct 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
TBD
Puppy got really bad runs about 2 weeks ago. Being fed Fromm Gold Large Breed puppy. Doc put on antibiotics and recommended rice and beef. Everything normal but when put back on regular diet slowly stool was still very soft compared to when he was on Iams. Now beginning a slow switch to Sojos to try and firm up the stool a bit. Anyone had experience with this food? Any thoughts? The tradsition from Iams to Fromm was very slow. I took about a month slowly switching him. will do the same with Sojos. Has only been a day so no "feedback" as of yet.

thanks.

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
I have never heard of sojos. Mine are both on Fromm and have had better experiance with the adult food (4*) than the puppy food. Maybe when he is over 6 months you might want to try him of Fromm 4*... my female no longer has much gas or any tummy issues being on it. The puppy on Fromm puppy food has bad gas and softer stool than the older one but nothing to be concerned about.

I know when my female was a puppy, anytime she had an upset tummy or if the vet gave her meds I got the canned prescription dog food for sensitive tummy. I'm not sure if your vet offers it but that might be something that can be mixed in with his food to help.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
we have a member here who is feeding her dogs that i will tag her so she will see this. [MENTION=1930]LaurieLolaandMojo[/MENTION] i believe she is having great success with it with the 2 she was using it on and was considering switching the others to it.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I love the Sojos..My spina bifida babies have been on it since dec 30 and they are doing great...With the spina bifida you have to get a firm stool and the sojos does that..Its easy to mix...Caleb and Gracie gobble it up..I want to put my other two on it but do to price I may not be able to..Let me know if you have any questions about it

OP
C

Charles Yin

Oct 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
TBD
Yeah I'm now on a 50% fromm 50% sojos mix and huie is doing great! His Stools are much firmer and his gas is all but gone. Haven't quite committed to 100% solos just yet as switching foods always makes me nervous but guess it's fine as we still have a bit of the fromm left. Will prob keep him on 50/50 for 3 more weeks and then go to 75/25 for 4 weeks. Should get rid of all the fromm and prevent any stomach upsets. Thanks all. So far I would rate solos as a highly recommend. Will let you know as I approach 100% sojos.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh thats great as ive considered dehydrated food myself for sarah. thanks for the update.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Here some more info for you: Gracies wrinkles were stinky prior to the switch..Now since Ive switched her no more stinky wrinkles...She has been on it for a straight month now..Im in love with this food for her and Caleb.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i will know soon if i can feed sarah this or the honest kitchen which ive been looking at also. she doesnt seem to do well with potatoes so i will see what the test says then go from there. thanks for the updates guys.

OP
C

Charles Yin

Oct 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
TBD
when you say she doesn't do well with potatoes do you mean that she doesn't like them or things don't come out well in the end so to speak?

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Might be a good idea to add a probiotic to build up the good bacteria after the round of antibiotics. Not sure what the guidelines are for puppies, but it's improved both my dogs guts immensely.

Sorry that your baby is having runny poo. Poppy had them her entire puppyhood no matter what we fed. It takes a lot of trial and error.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i got sarahs test results and no dehydrated food for her. sojos has alfalfa and kelp in it and thk has potatoes and the one that doesnt have potatoes has alfalfa in it and the others seem to have alfalfa and kelp so i guess thats out. bummer.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok ive found one she can eat its called grandma lucys pureformance. maybe trying that soon.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
ok ive found one she can eat its called grandma lucys pureformance. maybe trying that soon.

Really wishing you luck ... you do have your work cut out for you with all those allergies!! :down:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Really wishing you luck ... you do have your work cut out for you with all those allergies!! :down:
dont i know it. kibble is impossible almost. i have found one and waiting for it to arrive but ive been feeding her boiled chicken and lowfat hamburger with her kibble she is on temporarily and am looking at feeding kibble and raw maybe or dehydrated and some raw. have asked how to do this. boy its scary. lol

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well did get to feed new food for long as some things came up and so ive gone back to the wellness simple but i did get some grandma lucys pureformance chicken as my feed store now carries it so ive started mixing in some of that with their kibble. only been one day so we will see how it goes. i figure its better than the canned i was topping with. i mix up about a third cup and split it between then so far. will report more later on. so far its going well.

Most Reactions