1 day fasting

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
well today is annies fasting day,ive read so much regarding this and am impressed on the good results that can come of fasting,im hoping that as she is doing so well with the itching and coat condition that a 1 day fast will help her even more,we will take her out for a nice stroll and keep her occupied :lol:,shes actually not that bothered shes snuggled up on the couch and it is breakfast time,so this afternoon we will veg out on the couch with harry potter :lol:,then tommorow a nice helping of raw meaty lamb ribs!!,karen

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] you know i have never heard of this for dogs. very interesting. what does it do for the dog i was wondering?

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
it gives the body time to rest and rid the body of any harmful toxins,its especially good for dogs with allergies as the fast repairs cells and boosts the imune system a lot of raw feeders do it weekly,dog stomachs are very unlike our and are meant to be stretches with gorging they kind of fold up lol,i am going to introduce gorging then fasting the next day but thought i would gradually introduce the fasting ,shes in her 20th hour with no food and shes so chilled its untrue !!!,usually shes hyper little monster especially between 11am and 1pm i dont know why,shes had 2 walks and just sleeps between them ,obviously only fast a healthy dog if she was frail i wouldnt even think about it,she was last fed at 5pm yesterday so will feed her at 7pm tonight ,she may take my hand off lol,karen

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I've read a lot about this and raw fed dogs. I am very interested to see how Annie does since it's something I would consider doing when my dogs are adults.

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i will let you know how she goes ,i will do it once weekly and see how she improves over the next couple of months,im adding bovine collostrum to her feeds when it arrives so that also should make a difference,yes fasting is only for dogs over 12 months ,i know bulldogs mature slower than other breeds but shes big and healthy enough to start now at 18 months and has been on raw 10 months ,karen

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I salute your commitment [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] . Annie's health is absolutely due entirely to your being so "on it" with her.

Myself - I could never do this. I can't ask my dogs to do something I'm unwilling and unable to do myself! (as I crunch down a cookie) :lol:

I did have a friend at my old job who used to go on these juice fasts. Turned him into a royal BIOTCH.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION]...I have read a handful of raw feeding blogs that mention the gorge and fast plan. I think one of them likened it to dogs in the wild as they don't know when the next meal will come so they often gorge when available and fast in between. I can see how it would be good to clense the system every so often. Thanks for posting your experiences with raw feeding. It really helps us beginners to see how it is going for other people!

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
shes just had a nice big meal of ox heart,lamb,kidney and liver plus a small lamb rib,and you know what i have never seen her so calm i thought she would carry on all day whinning and being a pain but its like she appreciated the rest as daft as that seems,shes full up contented snoring on the couch,i dont think i could fast a full day as i like food too much but im only doing this to help her body recover ,and in any case shes a biotch anyway lol,karen

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i am to following this with interest and i one day may raw feed. i dont think i could do it like you do but would get the primal prepackaged raw or something similiar. i cant seem to get past the salmonella thing. im scared to feed raw as if my dogs got sick from something i did or did not do with raw feeding id be so upset.

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
believe me dogs can eat the smelliest,greenest,meat and bone and not get sick,they are more likely to get sick from kibble as we just dont know whats in kibble,and if you feed the same meats that you yourself would eat then there would not be any problems except you cook yours lol,take the plunge your bully will love you for it and ask any raw feeder the feeling that you get watching your dog the type of food they are meant to eat feels like an achievement on its own,karen

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This is fascinating to me ... I know nothing about raw feeding and have never heard of fasting!! Thanks for keeping us all so informed!! :up:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i have been pestering [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] for a while now about raw and her supplements and such. i was wondering what raw feeders feel about prepackage raw like primal and such. i would not use nvi raw patties as i dont like the china connection with them. any thoughts. and im gonna try the raw egg when its a bit warmer here so she can eat it outside. i cant wait lol

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
well i have been pestering @karenben for a while now about raw and her supplements and such. i was wondering what raw feeders feel about prepackage raw like primal and such. i would not use nvi raw patties as i dont like the china connection with them. any thoughts. and im gonna try the raw egg when its a bit warmer here so she can eat it outside. i cant wait lol
bless you,you dont pester,how are we to try and find whats best for our dogs if we dont ask,you ask away if i can help im more than pleased to ,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.