Partial Raw Feeding?

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I don't see why a raw treat here and there would be a problem. From what I have read...it looks like if you feed half raw and half kibble all the time it is hard on the digestive system but like I said....I wouldn't see why it would hurt as a special treat. Maybe someone with more experience can elaborate as I'm newer to raw feeding. :)

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
it wouldnt hurt any raw is better than none,just watch what you feed ,you dont want runny poops,stick with chicken to be safe,make sure there is at least 6 hours difference between kibble and raw ,karen

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I feed my bulldogs exclusive raw and my older dogs half and half. With feeding them half meals raw I have noticed a great improvement in their health and appearance. I have read that raw and regular kibble has very different digestive pathways so you should never feed both together or at close intervals. other than that u should be safe. your dog will love the raw!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
It's not usually recommended as your pup won't get the full benefits of raw. But that doesn't mean that you cannot do it. Just watch how Brodie is doing, such as weight gain/loss, poop consistency, etc, etc.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok im considering giving sarah some prepackaged raw medalions i guess you would call them. probably primal. i want to do raw but cant do just raw so i would like to get some benefits for sarah. how would i go about feeding kibble and raw medallions. im already giving her boiled chicken and lowfat hamburger with her food so why not raw instead. so if someone could explain how to do this and not upset her tummy im all ears. she gets eggs to but cooked. i think im going to try just giving her a raw egg soon to. and explain how to clean the bowl afterwards to please. i want to get it right.

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Feed the meals as far apart as possible, maybe 8am Raw and 6pm Kibble, and see how that goes. Chances are she will be fine but they digest raw quicker than kibble which is why some dogs get upset stomachs when it's fed together.

If she gets an upset stomach, feed a bland diet for a day, the switch to one day full kibble and one day raw.

Leave a patty in the fridge the night before, plop it into her bowl, and afterwards wash the bowl with dish soap and warm water.

For teeth cleaning/breath benefits you can give her some beef ribs. There's not too much meat, and she can break down some of the bone and get a real workout. Once it's all chewed and sad looking, throw it away.

Let us know how it goes!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.