Raw Eggs?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i just toss a raw egg with shell into her bowl with her meat ,i give her 2 eggs a week,karen

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I want to try this ... I give them eggs but I never have given the shell for fear of choking but it doesn't sound like it's an issue. It seems like it would be hard to swallow.

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION]...it went down pretty well when I gave one to Tank. Maybe you could try giving just a little bit of shell to see how your bully handles it?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Its also hilarious the first time you give them one..Make sure to have video running..

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
does it matter store bought vs not? not sure about any pasteurization that is required especially if it's being fed raw.

Just wondering bacause I never buy my eggs at the store, I only buy local free range eggs (read an AWFUL article about conditions at commercial egg farms)

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION], if the eggs are from a source you would use for yourself then I would think it would be okay for your bulldog?

Tank had his second ever raw egg today and gobbled it right down. I had the camera handy but didn't get much of a picture cause he was looking forward to it!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
100_1423.jpg

Here is the picture I snapped before Tank devoured his egg, shell and all! (Can you tell we've had a dry winter in NE...my backyard is all mud and dead grass, not snow!) You can see a trail of egg yuck under his foot from where he pushed it across the patio. This is why he eats his egg outside :)

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] Yes it's the eggs I eat but I of course I only eat them cooked, not raw.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hm ive been giving sarah eggs but ive been cooking them and giving them to her. i dont know if i could just put and egg down and let he eat it. i was reading you can crack it open and pour the egg out and let them eat it. i may do that with sarah. im not sure she would get the egg open lol so what is the benefit of raw egg over one cooked.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I definitely want to try this but don't want the mess!!! :blush2: We're waiting until the spring so that we can try this outside!!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] See what she does with a raw one in the shell. I bet she would like it once she figured it out :)

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] You'll have to take pics too when you try it!

Dante

Jul 20, 2011
I give him i whole eg with shell and all. He doesn't know what to do with it so I crack i open just a bit so he knows whats inside the he goes at it. I give it three times a week

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
does it matter store bought vs not? not sure about any pasteurization that is required especially if it's being fed raw.

Just wondering bacause I never buy my eggs at the store, I only buy local free range eggs (read an AWFUL article about conditions at commercial egg farms)

I don't think it matters. But, essentially, free range or organic should be better than the normal store bought. I try to get free range as well when they're in season.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I don't think it matters. But, essentially, free range or organic should be better than the normal store bought. I try to get free range as well when they're in season.
i only buy organic free range eggs now

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.