Raw Eggs?

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I've read little snippets about adding raw eggs (shell & all) to the prey model raw diet. Do any of you raw feeders give eggs to your bulldog? If so, how frequently? And do you let them have the shell? Thanks!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can't help as I don't raw feed. BUT I would be interested to read the answers you get. I know that you can add raw egg to their kibble but I wonder if that means you can also give them the egg shell too even though you're not feeding raw???

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I give Mocha eggs but not raw. I have read that you may feed the raw egg including the shell. Sorry I cant be of much help here

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
You can just put a whole raw egg in their bowl. They eat it all... I dont raw feed but do give them eggs occasionally. Gracie and Caleb eat dehydrated raw and I give them eggs also.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You can just put a whole raw egg in their bowl. They eat it all... I dont raw feed but do give them eggs occasionally. Gracie and Caleb eat dehydrated raw and I give them eggs also.

Do you give them the whole egg including shell?? Or just crack it open into their bowl?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
No just give them the whole egg. Its funny watching the first time, cause they dont know what to do. If yours cant figure it out, then I would crack it. Sometimes my bunch is lazy and I have to crack it. lol

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
OOOooohhh .. I might try that. Maybe I'll wait until Spring so they can do it outside first ....LOL ... I can imagine a bit of a mess to start with!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I feed raw and I give him eggs, shell and all mixed with veggies and fish or meat about three times a week.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Yes... the shells have wonderful amount of calcium in them. I don't feed raw, but I still giver them raw food oncein awhile. But I give them a raw egg with the shell at least once a week. The egg part also has oils in it for their fur.

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
So I gave Tank an egg...just handed it to him to see what he would do. He dropped it on the cement so it cracked a little. Then he licked it and rolled it all around the patio. And finally....took a big chomp and ate it shell and all. :)

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thanks acarabias! I think we are hanging in there...it's actually much easier than I thought it would be!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.