OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Just in case anybody didn't see my thread about raw eggs and is following this one....Tank had his first raw egg. I just handed it to him (outside of course!) and he dropped it on the pavement so it cracked a little. He started licking the egg and rolled it all around the patio. Then he took a big chomp and ate it shell and all!

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
I am so confused I guess I really need to read up on the raw diet but I didn't think it was okay to eat chicken bones?

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
melanieian...I didn't think so either when I started this and had to ask about it. Turns out that bones (chicken and other) are okay as long as they aren't cooked and aren't bones that are weight bearing bones of large animals (cause they can break teeth as they are meant to support the weight of large animals)

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
100_1420.jpg

This is a picture of Tank eating his raw chicken quarter. I have found that feeding him outside works best because he likes to take the meat out of the bowl and chew on it in a location of his choosing. And since we have no snow on the ground, he can still see what he's doing/eating. Then he comes back inside and plunks himself back on the couch!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
You're so lucky you can feed Tank outside. So much more easier and less clean-up I presume. My guys eat in an x-pen enclosure. The younger one cleans up after himself pretty well, but the older and newer to raw one is a little messier. The younger one tends to be sent it to clean up. lol.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I am so confused I guess I really need to read up on the raw diet but I didn't think it was okay to eat chicken bones?

Chicken and many other types of bones are fine as long as they are uncooked. Cooking them will make them brittle and splinter easily.

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] we have had an unusually mild winter this year. Hardly any snow...next winter I may have to revamp the eating outdoors plan. It is much less messy with them eating outside though.

Members online

No members online now.