Poppy & Bunks Raw Diet Journal

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I don't feed raw and don't plan to unless something happened to any of my bullies that made it necessary. So this is both a fascinating and very informative thread about how to do it.

Thanks ..... :up:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Please keep up this journal, it is fascinating and will help anyone who goes raw.

Perhaps a testimonial [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] ?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Not really raw, but related in away, I sometimes add bovine colostrum powder to my guys' meals to boost their immune system. Specifically Imutek Immu-start 50 pouches. I give my guys a teaspoon full twice a week average. More if they have some sort of infection or cold, such as now with Stig's UTI.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
190202_10150159438313760_527463759_8300969_2176179_n-1.jpg
bbb

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
lol and my grandaughter isnt too bad either!!!,ive put annie on a diet as with raw feed its very easy to overfeed ,also shes just turned 18months and isnt very keen on walking now lol she prefers to sleep !!,thanks,karen

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Annie looks wonderful! And your granddaughter is a doll!! That pic needs to go in the photo of the month contest!!

Dante

Jul 20, 2011
IMG_0070.jpg

This is what my boy looks like on raw. He is 7.5 months old and feeding raw since he was 4 months. Pure muscle, great agility and great energy. Go Raw..

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
thanks for your kind comments ,and yes raw is the only way to feed any dog,we know what they are eating ,they most muscle up on raw but have to say mind the boobies!!!!annies are swinging a bit low at the mo lol,i have overfed her i think its watching her eat all the deep red meats and the noise of satisfaction she makes whilst eating it ,and as she has gone off walking now im thinking of getting a treadmill and putting her on it 1 hour a day lolwould have to dangle a lamb chop in front of her to motivate her though lol,karen

OP
Poppy

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Supplements and Travel..

The beef was still in the sink defrosting, so they got a different meal this morning. Usually on weekdays they get whatever protein, bone, and offal and mealtime and cleanup is done in 10 minutes. I don't bother with tripe/fish/veg until the weekend, when I have more time to prepare their meals. It's not too much extra work or time, just a little more thought I guess.

In the bowl is (canned) tripe, sardines, kidney, liver, a chicken back, and a spoonful of spinach/kelp pulp. I know a lot of people use a kelp supplement or some other supplements, personally I haven't done any reading on it yet and have been putting it off until the new year. At the moment they are very healthy and I don't see the need for supplements or multi vitamins, but of course I want to set them up for the future so they'll stay healthy once they get older. Do any of you use supplements??

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

This week I picked up a small bag of dehydrated raw (the company is local and called NRG) to have on hand if we do any camping. We went skiing last weekend and I brought their meals with me and stored it in the rooms mini fridge. But with camping I think we'll do dehydrated, or maybe fill a small cooler with ice and meat?

I also picked up some pre-ground frozen patties from The Urban Carnivore. Our friends are watching Bunk while we take a holiday, and although they have said they will feed raw just like I do - one of them is a vegetarian and I think it might push her over the edge to handle heart/liver/kidney :lol:. So for a week he'll get beef/elk patties and some marrow bones on the side to keep his teeth shiny!

Photo 3.JPG

Anyhow, wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, don't forget to give your pooches an extra pat or belly rub for loving us unconditionally :)

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for updating .... This is so useful for those considering raw feeding but who don't know where to start!!

OP
Poppy

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Took Poppy to the vet today for a possible UTI. My mind jumped immediately to the assumption that it was her food, but I quickly remembered that she got a UTI when she was on kibble as well. So, no logic to it really!! While we were there I finally told them she was on Raw now, I have been putting it off (expecting a lecture!!) but the vet wasn't bothered by it at all. She actually said "that must have helped loads with gastro intestinal issues that bulldogs have". YOU BET IT DID! haha.

She's on boiled rice for a couple of days, she's got stress induced diarrhea.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.