Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Default Raw Frozen Diets

I'm going to be convering Maximus over to a Raw Frozen diet. I just attended the "Meet The Breeds" Exhibition in NYC and had the chance to talk to various
    Owners/Breeders regarding nutrition and diets. Most did infact recommend going the Raw Diet route.

Is or has anyone fed their Bulldog any of the Raw, Frozen diets currently available ? and if so, what has your experience been ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Patrick

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have tried Natures Variety, and I would LOVE to try Natures Logic.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Raw Frozen Diets

I've heard nothing but great things about them. A little too expensive for me, but that's about it for the negatives. G'luck, let us know how it goes!
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

can i ask what the diet consists of ive not heard of it,and whats the difference between it and doing your own raw diet?,karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

they come as patties all pre-packaged so you wouldn't have to do all of the meat handling that you do if you feed raw otherwise. they have all different types too but they are expensive.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Hopefully it helps him! Let us know how he likes it.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

i enjoy buying all the meat and bone,cutting ,sawing,lol,i feel satisfied after ive done it all and its all bagged up in the freezer,weird or what,karen

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

I guess I'm just surprised that more people are not using the Raw Frozen Diets. I won't give Maximus meat from a supermarket which is meant for human consumption. That meat is meant to be cooked, and I would never give it to my dog Raw. So I'm sticking with the Raw Frozen Diets that are on the market.
    I was just hoping for some feedback from those using the Raw Frozen diets (NVI, Bravo, Primal).....

"I guess I'm just surprised that more people are not using the Raw Frozen Diets. I won't give Maximus meat from a supermarket which is meant for human consumption. That meat is meant to be cooked, and I would never give it to my dog Raw. So I'm sticking with the Raw Frozen Diets that are on the market.
    I was just hoping for some feedback from those using the Raw Frozen diets (NVI, Bravo, Primal)....."

That makes no sense what so ever. Meat is meat, either it be for human or a dog, in fact if it's fit for human consumption it's better than dog standards!
    As for a premade BARF style raw, Stella & Chewy's, and Primal are my my favorites, Natures Variety is pretty good, but slightly higher in carbs, and contains 15% bone which is a bit on the high end should be closer to 10%.

Much like Karen, I feed Prey Model Raw, I buy human grade meats, organs, etc for them, I also buy in bulk, like I just bought a whole grass-fed organic Lamb that I'll be eating the tenderloin out of, the rest of the 72lbs is for the dogs including organs.

Back to the BARF style, you are going to be paying much more than buying your own meats and organs, you also are going to have no benefit to oral health like Prey Model Raw dogs get. You also are not slowing your dogs down with eating, and doesn't allow enough time to get enzymes working for proper digestion.

I recommend reading these two sites.

http://rawfed.com/myths/index.html

http://www.rawlearning.com/premaderaw.html

Cheers,
    Chad

Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad M Lane View Post
    "I guess I'm just surprised that more people are not using the Raw Frozen Diets. I won't give Maximus meat from a supermarket which is meant for human consumption. That meat is meant to be cooked, and I would never give it to my dog Raw. So I'm sticking with the Raw Frozen Diets that are on the market.
    I was just hoping for some feedback from those using the Raw Frozen diets (NVI, Bravo, Primal)....."

That makes no sense what so ever. Meat is meat, either it be for human or a dog, in fact if it's fit for human consumption it's better than dog standards!
    As for a premade BARF style raw, Stella & Chewy's, and Primal are my my favorites, Natures Variety is pretty good, but slightly higher in carbs, and contains 15% bone which is a bit on the high end should be closer to 10%.

Much like Karen, I feed Prey Model Raw, I buy human grade meats, organs, etc for them, I also buy in bulk, like I just bought a whole grass-fed organic Lamb that I'll be eating the tenderloin out of, the rest of the 72lbs is for the dogs including organs.

Back to the BARF style, you are going to be paying much more than buying your own meats and organs, you also are going to have no benefit to oral health like Prey Model Raw dogs get. You also are not slowing your dogs down with eating, and doesn't allow enough time to get enzymes working for proper digestion.

I recommend reading these two sites.

http://rawfed.com/myths/index.html

http://www.rawlearning.com/premaderaw.html

Cheers,
    Chad
    Maximus is on Nature Variety's Instinct Raw Frozen diet, which he really likes. I tried PRIMAL, and he won't touch it. So far, I'm pleased with the Diet that he's on
    and that he enjoys!

Cheers !

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

we do feed our dogs what they will eat and i suppose if your dog wont eat raw then i suppose raw frozen is what you must feed,but if its expensive then why not cook your own up for him and cut out the middle man?,as chad says there will not be much goodness left in the meat when its been cooked so defeats the the purpose of raw feeding ,just my opinion though,karen

Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by karenben View Post
    we do feed our dogs what they will eat and i suppose if your dog wont eat raw then i suppose raw frozen is what you must feed,but if its expensive then why not cook your own up for him and cut out the middle man?,as chad says there will not be much goodness left in the meat when its been cooked so defeats the the purpose of raw feeding ,just my opinion though,karen
    Well, I don't feed Maximus cooked food, and I'm not complaining about the cost of the raw frozen diet. Chad agrees that Nature's Variety Instinct's Raw Frozen Diet is pretty good, and so do I.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads