For the raw feeders

breelbosley

Aug 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter
Thank you for responding! We've had her on the raw diet for about 3 months. Do you feed your bully veges and fruit? If so, what would you recommend for feedings. Also, chicken is probably the cheapest meat. Is it bad to keep her on just chicken. Again, thank you for the information :D

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Thank you for responding! We've had her on the raw diet for about 3 months. Do you feed your bully veges and fruit? If so, what would you recommend for feedings. Also, chicken is probably the cheapest meat. Is it bad to keep her on just chicken. Again, thank you for the information :D

It's best to feed a variety of proteins. I personally set the limit to 3 days of the same protein, then switch after that. Giving veggies and fruit is ok too, just absolutely no grapes/raisins! They're poisonous to them.

I find pork can be as cheap as chicken when you get them on sale, which they do here every so often. Scour the ethnic markets, their meat cuts tend to be more reasonably priced. For example, they carry pork/beef tongues and hearts. Those are considered 'meat' and not 'organs' and tend to be sold for less than other cuts. :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto

My Usko doesn't really care for veggies or fruit, so I can't make him eat them. Dogs do fine without. But they need more than chicken. The more variety you give the better, but 3 different sources is minimum.

breelbosley

Aug 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter
Thank you, for responding...what meat do you feed your dog and do you have to give supplements?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I feed different parts of chicken, turkey, pork, lamb and beef with and without bone. Also chicken gizzards, tripe, eggs and occasionally yoghurt. You're also supposed to feed some organs, but we don't because of Usko's Hyperuricosuria. Bc I don't feed organs I supplement with vitamin B, kelp and different oils, cod liver 3 times a week and at the moment emu oil every day.

Trish

Sep 1, 2012
Barrie, Ontario -- Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bernadette
just new to the site and have had bernadette on a raw diet now 4 days -- just chicken right now backs, necks and wings -- because of being plagued with constant skin issues and the smell is awefull cant get close to her because its awefull -- now not sure how long it takes to start seeing a difference and also how long before the skin issues start to subside and she starts smelling better -- i am just hoping she is not having an issue with the chicken as the protien -- any insight on this would be helpful as i dont want to switch her protien too quickly thinking its not agreeing with her. She is digesting it fine no runny poops and no vomiting and she just devours it nice to see her chewing her food instead of swallowing it whole and she seems to know what to do.. thanks

breelbosley

Aug 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter
just new to the site and have had bernadette on a raw diet now 4 days -- just chicken right now backs, necks and wings -- because of being plagued with constant skin issues and the smell is awefull cant get close to her because its awefull -- now not sure how long it takes to start seeing a difference and also how long before the skin issues start to subside and she starts smelling better -- i am just hoping she is not having an issue with the chicken as the protien -- any insight on this would be helpful as i dont want to switch her protien too quickly thinking its not agreeing with her. She is digesting it fine no runny poops and no vomiting and she just devours it nice to see her chewing her food instead of swallowing it whole and she seems to know what to do.. thanks

From what Ive been told, you should see a little bit of difference within the 1st week.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online