Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For the raw feeders

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: For the raw feeders

once your dogs get onto the red meats,beef,heart and the like ,i would then cut down on the supplements,if the beef is grass fed then there will be plenty of omega and trace minerals that they need,unless your dogs have any healtrh issues,and watch the bone content its early days and constipation may rear its ugly head if that happens then just cut back on bone for a few days,well done for going raw your both doing well and your bullys will be happy and content ,karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Butter
    Likes (Received)

Hello, I was given a recipe for the barf diet of chicken, grains, carrots and olive oil. However, she still has the constant itching, liking of paws and horrible oder. Does anyone have any advice on what I can feed her?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Barf diet doesn't consist any kind of grains. I would ditch the grains. Even a lot of kibble is grain free. How long have you been feeding him like that? After the start you need to feed at least 3 different sources of protein.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Butter
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for responding! We've had her on the raw diet for about 3 months. Do you feed your bully veges and fruit? If so, what would you recommend for feedings. Also, chicken is probably the cheapest meat. Is it bad to keep her on just chicken. Again, thank you for the information

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by breelbosley View Post
    Thank you for responding! We've had her on the raw diet for about 3 months. Do you feed your bully veges and fruit? If so, what would you recommend for feedings. Also, chicken is probably the cheapest meat. Is it bad to keep her on just chicken. Again, thank you for the information
    It's best to feed a variety of proteins. I personally set the limit to 3 days of the same protein, then switch after that. Giving veggies and fruit is ok too, just absolutely no grapes/raisins! They're poisonous to them.

I find pork can be as cheap as chicken when you get them on sale, which they do here every so often. Scour the ethnic markets, their meat cuts tend to be more reasonably priced. For example, they carry pork/beef tongues and hearts. Those are considered 'meat' and not 'organs' and tend to be sold for less than other cuts.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bulldog(s) Names
    Butter
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much

Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by breelbosley View Post

My Usko doesn't really care for veggies or fruit, so I can't make him eat them. Dogs do fine without. But they need more than chicken. The more variety you give the better, but 3 different sources is minimum.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Butter
    Likes (Received)

Thank you, for responding...what meat do you feed your dog and do you have to give supplements?

Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I feed different parts of chicken, turkey, pork, lamb and beef with and without bone. Also chicken gizzards, tripe, eggs and occasionally yoghurt. You're also supposed to feed some organs, but we don't because of Usko's Hyperuricosuria. Bc I don't feed organs I supplement with vitamin B, kelp and different oils, cod liver 3 times a week and at the moment emu oil every day.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bernadette
    Likes (Received)

just new to the site and have had bernadette on a raw diet now 4 days -- just chicken right now backs, necks and wings -- because of being plagued with constant skin issues and the smell is awefull cant get close to her because its awefull -- now not sure how long it takes to start seeing a difference and also how long before the skin issues start to subside and she starts smelling better -- i am just hoping she is not having an issue with the chicken as the protien -- any insight on this would be helpful as i dont want to switch her protien too quickly thinking its not agreeing with her. She is digesting it fine no runny poops and no vomiting and she just devours it nice to see her chewing her food instead of swallowing it whole and she seems to know what to do.. thanks

Bulldog(s) Names
    Butter
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    just new to the site and have had bernadette on a raw diet now 4 days -- just chicken right now backs, necks and wings -- because of being plagued with constant skin issues and the smell is awefull cant get close to her because its awefull -- now not sure how long it takes to start seeing a difference and also how long before the skin issues start to subside and she starts smelling better -- i am just hoping she is not having an issue with the chicken as the protien -- any insight on this would be helpful as i dont want to switch her protien too quickly thinking its not agreeing with her. She is digesting it fine no runny poops and no vomiting and she just devours it nice to see her chewing her food instead of swallowing it whole and she seems to know what to do.. thanks
    From what Ive been told, you should see a little bit of difference within the 1st week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads