Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The new mobile device application is hosted by Tapatalk. It is not a free application, but it is not too expensive (currently $2.99 for iPhone) and can allow you to visit many forums, including our other forums! It loads pages very quickly in a compressed format and also allow you to share and upload photos taken from your mobile device.

I took the liberty of taking many screenshots so our members can check it out before making the purchase. Unfortunately it does not compress blogs or articles, so those would be viewed in your mobile device's normal state. Note these screenshots are taken with an iPod, it may vary depending on your mobile device.

Here is the link for more information.

Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 (WP7), Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, SMF and more

Eventually we may take the plunge to provide a FREE application, but this is very costly to do and we do not have the funds available for this.

Okay, lets get on with the photo tutorial!

Forum Accts View (as you can see I am logged into English Bulldog News and Taste Tested Recipes)

1-3.png

Tap on the forum, and it will bring up the latest unread posts.
It will show the avatar of the user who last posted in the topic with part of the reply, and the small number is how many replies the topic has.

IMG_0002.png

If you tap the forum button at the bottom of the screen, it will bring up the forum categories:

IMG_0003.png

Tap on any of the categories to show the forums in that category:

IMG_0004.png

Tap the MORE button in the bottom right for more options! Here you can view who is online, Check out your subscribed threads, check out your profile and view forum statistics. (Moderation is not available unless you are a moderator)

IMG_0005.png

Tap on your profile to see what it looks like on the app, and you can change your pic by using the photos in your mobile device. Click on "My Topics or My Posts" in your profile to see your topics/posts quickly and easily!

IMG_0006.png

Changing Settings:
From the main menu, click on settings in the bottom right corner:

1-3.png

Here is more available settings:

IMG_0014.png

IMG_0015.png

To view photos on the forum they are compressed into thumbnails, so far I see that all images show up, whether they are added via mobile device, photobucket, imageshack, or through EBN.

IMG_0022.png

Tap on any image to make it full size:

IMG_0023.png

Let me know if you have any questions, I will try to answer them to the best of my ability!

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok i was wondering about tapatalk and how good it was. was thinking of getting it. now i think i will. i can do more than just on my phone webpage.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I have it but keep forgetting to use it. I haven't taken the time to really get to know it yet. I did know about uploading pics on it. Guess I'm going to have to take time to play with it more. :up:

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes you can upload directly from your iPad or iPhone. It is much faster to browse and read, but you don't get to see some stuff, only some smilies, you will occasionally see posts in bbcode. I love it for the speed.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Some small child in my house... Not naming names deleted my tapatalk on my iPod touch! So I had to redownload it. Oh I was even more mad when it did not just say "install" on the app. Well I decided to get it anyway. Once I clicked "buy" a message came up telling me I already had it installed and it was a newer version (free). Yay!

The newer version has better options and inserting photos is very quick and easier too, also you can connect to twitter. So if you don't have the latest version I recommend you search it. :)

Inserting a test pic now for the first time ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340205444.766840.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ShariT

Sep 11, 2012
Gold Coast QLD Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Mavis
Please help, when I go to the 'more' section it only brings up favorites and people?? I dont have any other options, what do I need to do? I had an account set up with EBnews with a login and everything. I cant find anywhere to set up the account any further on tatalk either???
Shari

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Please help, when I go to the 'more' section it only brings up favorites and people?? I dont have any other options, what do I need to do? I had an account set up with EBnews with a login and everything. I cant find anywhere to set up the account any further on tatalk either???
Shari

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] -- can you provide any guidance? I use Taptalk, but i am not that good with it yet to help here

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes the settings have changed. Now you connect Facebook and make changes from the main page. So when you click on tapatalk, where it says English Bulldog News, there is a settings button at the bottom :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

ShariT

Sep 11, 2012
Gold Coast QLD Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Mavis
Hi, thanks but I am connected with Facebook but I still cant figure it out? What do you mean by 'make changes from the main page? and there is still no 'settings' button at the bottom? arrr what am i doing wrong?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi, thanks but I am connected with Facebook but I still cant figure it out? What do you mean by 'make changes from the main page? and there is still no 'settings' button at the bottom? arrr what am i doing wrong?

at the bottom of the screen BEFORE you enter into EBN... at the top is has two tabs, 'account / recommended'. On the bottom there are 5 buttons, per say, and one of them is settings

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]... that right?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
at the bottom of the screen BEFORE you enter into EBN... at the top is has two tabs, 'account / recommended'. On the bottom there are 5 buttons, per say, and one of them is settings

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]... that right?

Yes that is correct. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.