Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
This tutorial is about User reputation.

What is user reputation? Well, the more you post and give helpful advice, the more your reputation increases. Here is the full details.

NOTE: The user reputation button is at the bottom of every post and is a PINK HEART:

like.gif

If you see a post from someone that you feel should increase their reputation, just click this Heart button. You will be given the option to place a short comment about why you are giving reputation to them. So what deserves reputation? Sharing photos, great stories, giving advice, making you laugh.... these are things that deserve reputation.

If you get any reputation, you will get a notification of a "New Like".

The more reputation you receive, the more points (reputation power) you have. So people with high reputation give more points than people with low reputation.

You can view your posts that have received reputation by click on "settings" at the top of the forums.
Noone else can see this area but you, it is a part of your personal profile information. When you give a helpful post or reputation to someone, this is the only area where you can view the details of whom may have issued it to you. This is also where you will see your current reputation power. Remember, you must first get reputation to gain reputation power.

If you become a 4 Paw Member, you will have two additional benefits to user reputation. You will be allowed to give negative reputation, and you will also be able to see which users have given you reputation. You can also see the "Reputation" tab in member profiles. CLICK HERE to find out more about being a 4 Paw Member.

As a final note, user reputation is meant to be fun and not hurtful, so those who have the ability to give negative reputation, please do it with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Bulldogg

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
We now have a new reputation button, it is a blue thumbs up. Everybully see it?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]
No...thankfully you can't give "thumbs down" on the posts. :whew: Unless you do it this way. :down: If it turns red...it might be your browser. You should be able to leave reputation (but not to the same person twice in a row) If it turns red..that might be the case. When I was using Explorer...the window would open beneath the post and you couldn't see it. :down:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
No it turns red when you click on it. A box should pop up that says I approve I disapprove and a spot to write a comment

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
That's what I meant...but didn't say. If it turns red and you don't see the box...it might be your browser. I'm still giggling about April fools.

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]
You can practice on me. Go ahead and give me as much user rep as you want. :up:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..I tried again..still no go..I am on iPad tho..will go to desktop and try..Also [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]...begging is beneath you..tsk..tsk..tsk

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
:bump:
i never knew what rep was but this tutorial is really good. hope the new members can see as well

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi I'm still a newbie and came across this thread, I see the pink heart but I don't see the blue thumbs up?

Blue thumbs up was when the site first started..... Pink heart is the new icon. You used it right, I got your rep you sent me. :up:

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I JUST found this thread...I had no idea about "reps" and hearts...I've been doing the thumbs up though. Still navigating my way around here and learning...so the heart is different from a thumbs up?, [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.