Barking in hotels

Ann Hudson

Mar 13, 2019
Florida
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Abigail the perfect bulldog
Iā€™m worried that out two year old bully will bark in our hotel room while we go out to eat. At home, when she hears an unfamiliar noise, she barks. At the hotel we will crate her while we are out of the room, but Iā€™m afraid she may bark, and we may be asked to leave. Any ideas?

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Does she ever bark in the crate? Normally dogs less likely bark when they are in the crate. You can try may be at home, crate her and produce some bang sounds outside.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Iā€™m worried that out two year old bully will bark in our hotel room while we go out to eat. At home, when she hears an unfamiliar noise, she barks. At the hotel we will crate her while we are out of the room, but Iā€™m afraid she may bark, and we may be asked to leave. Any ideas?

Hi there, maybe try a security camera that you can check on her (I would do this anyway....barking or not) while you're out. Be sure that you leave your cell phone numbers at the front desk so that they CALL YOU if they receive any complaints. I have heard nightmare stories that when the hotel could not reach the guests they confiscated the dog until guest returned...YIKES and how terrifying for the dog.

Vimtag makes a great camera, hooks to wifi really easily. I travel with Joey's all the time.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
In the hotel room, I would put the TV on for her,with cartoons, and have the volume as loud as can be without disturbing neighbors,so she doesn't notice so many strange noises.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with others.... radio or TV on while you are gone to help with the noises

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online