Florida - Ponte Vedra Beach House rental.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
On our way back home, we decided to stay a few days in Northern Florida. It's a little cooler than the keys, and very laid back. In fact, there's nothing really going on in this area. No bars, no restaurants, it's just all about
relaxing. So if coming here, be sure to stock up on the necessities (water, milk.. etc).
We spent a few days doing absolutely nothing but hanging on the beach. It was perfect. Most of the time we didn't even see other people. Occasionally you'd see someone else walking.. It felt like the entire Atlantic was ours.

We found the rental through HomeAway, and had no problems getting it. We did specify dog friendly in the search though.

You can see that the only footsteps on the beach are ours.. how awesome is that??!! We loved it.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Absolutely gorgeous… :w00t:

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
On our way back home, we decided to stay a few days in Northern Florida. It's a little cooler than the keys, and very laid back. In fact, there's nothing really going on in this area. No bars, no restaurants, it's just all about
relaxing. So if coming here, be sure to stock up on the necessities (water, milk.. etc).
We spent a few days doing absolutely nothing but hanging on the beach. It was perfect. Most of the time we didn't even see other people. Occasionally you'd see someone else walking.. It felt like the entire Atlantic was ours.

We found the rental through HomeAway, and had no problems getting it. We did specify dog friendly in the search though.

You can see that the only footsteps on the beach are ours.. how awesome is that??!! We loved it.

This looks fantastic!!!! I'm jealous of your beach time. Have a Publix sub for me while you're in Florida, they're delicious!!!!

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)

I actually have a summer vacation planned in the keys that we found through home away! Any tips on dog friendly places to visit or other fun things to do while there? We want to snorkel and take the pups to the beach of course. I know it'll be hot soooooo they'll be there for a very short romp and back to the AC!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Wow!! Looks perfect. It's so wrong that i want to book that house with hubs and Winslow... But not our Florida-loving daughter. :eek: Shame on me!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I actually have a summer vacation planned in the keys that we found through home away! Any tips on dog friendly places to visit or other fun things to do while there? We want to snorkel and take the pups to the beach of course. I know it'll be hot soooooo they'll be there for a very short romp and back to the AC!

Sorry it took so long to get back to you- had a very busy week.

There's a lot of things to do, thing is- it's too hot to do most of them with your bulldog.
Don't know which island you're staying on, but we were on Islamorada. Other than take a long drive to Key West (2 hours because of all the lights) and have a drink in the smallest bar in the world, and take a few pics of the "Southern Most Point in the Continental US" we just hung out at White Gate.
Spent most of our time on the beach except to go eat.
We also drove around just exploring. You need to take the side roads to see anything. The main road, the one goes through the keys is Overseas Highway and there's nothing scenic about it.

Also, if you're anal about your coffee like we are, we think the best Cuban coffee we've had in the keys was in Key Largo. The place is called Sunrise Cuban Cafe and Market. It looks like a dive. Definitely not the kind of place a tourist would normally stop. But they have some seriously amazing coffee.
I looked up the address and it's 91885 Overseas Highway Tavernier Fl (Key Largo). I've also tried their Tres Lech cake and nearly hurled, beyond horrible. So just stick with their to die for coffee. I've had it now at least 7-8 times and it's always been great.

One thing to keep in mind is that you will see Barracudas in the water. You'll know one is near if you see a school of fish swim away faster than the speed of light. They don't normally bother people, but keep an eye on your kids/dogs.

Oh, and have a great time. :D

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
This looks fantastic!!!! I'm jealous of your beach time. Have a Publix sub for me while you're in Florida, they're delicious!!!!

I agree the pictures are great! I love the beach.
Also agree on the Publix Subs they are the best around here (we live in Georgia) we are from New York where they have the best deli's. So Publix is 2nd best! Lol.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So nice that you shared this is some of us will likely never be on that side of the world . Beautiful and so glad you're getting to enjoy :-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.