As if my life weren't complicated enough...WE GOT SKUNKED

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Most of you know the saga of this household the last few months *insert rolling eyes here* but one more thing to add to the list!

Lucy the basset went out last night to potty before bed and disappeared. So I, my husband and our friend who was visiting, all were calling and going around the yards looking for her. After no Lucy, I finally got in the car and started prowling the neighborhood. My husband gave one last ditch effort of calling her and she finally came to him. He called my cell and told me she was home. So I get home and open the door and the smell just hit me like a wall. I CANNOT BELIEVE MY HUSBAND LET MY SKUNKED DOG IN THE HOUSE! AHHHHHH!!!!!

Bad enough that she smelled awful but she jumped up on the doggie sofa and rolled that stench all over it! I ran her outside and washed her with the peroxide mixture mentioned here and it worked almost instantly but I can't get them smell out of that sofa!!!!! Might have to bite the bullet and put it out to the trash it is so bad....AHHH!!!

Oh, and so of course, this was at 11pm when I need to go to get up at 5am....plus I am still sick.....grr.....

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ohmy: :lmao: Ohhhhhhh.....jeez...you and [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]...well at least you learned from her experience and knew about the peroxide mixture! One morning at 430 am..I opened the door and let Jake out and there not 3 feet from him was a baby skunk..he started barking and lucky for him and me..he went backwards as he barked and I got him in before Pepe Le Pew let loose! But now I'm paranoid..and this doesn't help!! :eek:Husbands....:nonono:

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I know it! I wish it WAS you! lmbo. Actually, my eyes are watering it is so bad and I can't move that stupid sofa outta here until my husband gets home. It is a sleeper and heavy as all get out. If it weren't so hot out, we would be in the yard. Even worse, I let them out of their crates when I got home and Gator decided it would be SO COOL to roll on that stupid sofa. EEK! But, he doesn't stink now, whew. lol

Actually, it was [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] that saved me. I ran to EBN to figure out what it was she used and it really did work very well. I tried scrubbing the sofa with it but it didn't come out. I am not too heartbroken but the dogs are losing their favorite bed cuz that has got to go! lol

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
PEEEE YEEEEWWWW. We don't run into skunks much here in Florida. But up north you could smell them a mile away.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my you poor thing!! I am glad we don't have skunks here but we do have poisonous toads! :(

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh you poor thing!! and I would kill my husband!! I am glad you got the stench out of Lucy, and sorry you have to loose your couch. As you know here in Bradenton I have never seen or smelled one.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION].... Im sorry for laughing but it IS funny you know.. :laugh:
Maybe you should take the dogs with you when you go looking for a new couch... after all, you Do need to make sure it meets their approval. ;)

ps: Would you post the HP mixture that you used for those that may need it someday.... A separate thread would make it easier for someone to find. Thanx

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh no what an ordeal! I do not envy you! Those hounds, always getting their noses in where they don't belong!!!! (having a beagle I know that from experience LOL)

kels16

Aug 24, 2011
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
yuckk! that happened to my parents yellow lab one time....we used tomato soup....he turned pink and it didn't come out for a couple weeks! :lmao: Glad the smell is out of the dog though! :)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]: maybe your hubby should have slept on the couch last night, then next time he'd think twice before letting a skunked dog into the house!:ROFL:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well at least it's Friday so grab a margarita and chill for a little while you need a break.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:ROFL: sorry [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] too funny, I know how peed you must of been, and I hope you feel better soon.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.