As if my life weren't complicated enough...WE GOT SKUNKED

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
HAHA!!! Stupid Skunk...lol

I am blaming this whole thing on her energy gain since I changed her diet...she wouldn't have chased that thing two months ago. I should be grateful her prey drive is back but geesh! Not at this expense!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
This thread brings back memory's of fur baby's I've had that got into things. Like the time I was up in Canada fishing on a lake, we always took my black lab along, her name,Fanny. Anyhow, Fanny jumped out of the boat and took off for about a 1/2 hour. With beaver lodges all around us I was worried when I couldn't see her anymore. We are calling and calling her name and nothing. finally here she comes swimming toward us. We pull her into the boat, and there, all over her face and in her mouth and lips, porcupine quills. My stomach sunk. Out in the middle of nowhere I told my partner to hold her down, I'm going in. With a needle nose pliers I proceeded to do my own abstractions. I took nearly an hour to get them all out. Skills I tell ya, skills :whew:

Some years later, I was married and we had our nice little family, and a beautiful Golden Retriever . Her name Ginger. Well one week night around 10 pm. last call for potty. Ginger comes to the door when she is done. Hubby opens the door, and there stands Ginger, face dripping with skunk piss all over her main and face. OMG back in the day (1993) all I knew was tomato juice, which I didn't have, but I did have spaghetti sauce, so that's what I used. forget about it. We know that's not going to work. So for the next 4 months every time Ginger got wet, we were reminded of the skunk. PU :ROFL:
We can all laugh about it now.

Just had to share.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
This thread brings back memory's of fur baby's I've had that got into things. Like the time I was up in Canada fishing on a lake, we always took my black lab along, her name,Fanny. Anyhow, Fanny jumped out of the boat and took off for about a 1/2 hour. With beaver lodges all around us I was worried when I couldn't see her anymore. We are calling and calling her name and nothing. finally here she comes swimming toward us. We pull her into the boat, and there, all over her face and in her mouth and lips, porcupine quills. My stomach sunk. Out in the middle of nowhere I told my partner to hold her down, I'm going in. With a needle nose pliers I proceeded to do my own abstractions. I took nearly an hour to get them all out. Skills I tell ya, skills :whew:

Some years later, I was married and we had our nice little family, and a beautiful Golden Retriever . Her name Ginger. Well one week night around 10 pm. last call for potty. Ginger comes to the door when she is done. Hubby opens the door, and there stands Ginger, face dripping with skunk piss all over her main and face. OMG back in the day (1993) all I knew was tomato juice, which I didn't have, but I did have spaghetti sauce, so that's what I used. forget about it. We know that's not going to work. So for the next 4 months every time Ginger got wet, we were reminded of the skunk. PU :ROFL:
We can all laugh about it now.

Just had to share.

Ok, now that is hilarious!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
So...? Um....? I have a question. Is it the skunk pee that smells or do they actually spray another vile substance? I always thought it was coming from the butt area...kinda like our baby's anal glands. :confused:

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
So...? Um....? I have a question. Is it the skunk pee that smells or do they actually spray another vile substance? I always thought it was coming from the butt area...kinda like our baby's anal glands. :confused:

That is an awesome question. I just looked it up and it is actually a yellow oil in two glands under the base of the tail.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online