Baby Dove

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
A couple months ago, I watched this dove building a nest about 2 feet from my apt. patio about 6 feet up in a very flimsy young tree. Cool.

She disappeared for awhile, but has been back for 2 or 3 weeks or so, always sitting in the nest, never flying away when I go on the patio. I figured there were egg(s).

Well, I took Arwen out on the patio this afternoon, and saw this little booger peeking out at me. Not really an "other pet", but I've seen the dove multiple times a day for weeks.

babydove.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Awwww Uncle Voices! Congrats!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That is SO cool! A robin built her next on my son's second story window sill (he had moved to college) and the girls and I watched to see if there would be eggs. There were three. Then we had a bad storm and the eggs were gone. We were very disappointed.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That is a wonderful photo ... just before we moved a robin decided to make their nest in our hanging basket. Before we moved they had hatched and we watched them grow. However, the parents dive-bombed anything going in and out of the front door so moving things out of the house was interesting. We had to do everything out of the garage if we could.

We did tell the new owners but the first thing they did was move the hanging basket from the porch to a cherry tree that was close by. I hoped the parents didn't desert the babies after the move. Our buyers were total @ss holes from start to finish ..... so I'm suprised that they even moved the nest and not just throw it out instead with the babies inside ....

OP
VoicesInMyHead

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
Got a better look at the little one today - and discovered there are 2 baby doves in the nest... still tryin' to get all 3 in one shot.

babydove2.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.