Dog Breed Question???

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
My father has owned Boston Terriors since I was a little girl, the average life span was around 12-13 yrs. Dad would mourn, cry say he was done and within weeks go and get another pup. I am thinking he is on his 4th right now. So being raised with them and knowing the breed I also have seen many in my lifetime.
My son calls me at work yesterday and told me to stop by his home when I got off work. Dustin and Molly resuced a 1 1/2 yr. old "Mini-Boston Terrior" Is there such a thing??? I did a google and I have seen yes and no...what I know is this Boston is 1.5 yrs. old and half the size of any I have ever seen. He only weighs about 12 lbs! He is perfect in every way just a smaller version.
My question...Has anyone heard of this breed? Seen them? He is taking him to the vet Monday to get a good check up, he is already neutered. It was just the strangest thing to see.

Last edited:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I know I am asking if there is such a thing, I guess there is since I seen him with my own eyes, lol....so the question is has anyone else seen or heard of this breed????

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Maybe like a mini bulldog? Some don't think they exist as a separate dog..just SMALL bulldogs..bred that way on purpose? Like min pins..they are totally not related to dobermans..but look like mini ones??? Bet it's a cute dog tho!

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
myhusband has always been a boston lover, we have one right now. I have never heard of mini, however we actually owned a girl who at 2 years weighed 11 lbs. So they definately can be small compared to the normal 20 -25 lbers, but I think its their genetic makeup, not actaully a designer breed

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I Googled it and found a ton of info, not that another 'kick-me' breed interests me... LOL

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That is interesting....it seems that a lot of breeds are being bred to be smaller.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
That has got me curious. I my self have never seen or even heard of a mini boston. I have seen a red one before though.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I have never heard of mini bostons. My neighbor/friend has a female Boston (I LOVE her and Bostons in general :)) and she is pretty small, I would say about 10 lbs. I just looked up the breed stats for the standard Boston Terrier and it says they range from 10-25 lbs. So with that weight range I'd say he sounds like a regular size Boston.

Royandcourtney

Jul 16, 2011
Central Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Rex
Has he matured yet? Some of the will be on the lean side until they reach 2-3 years old. I had one and he was very lean until he got some age on him. He only weighed around 15 - 18 lbs grown. He was on the smaller side. He was red and white.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I've heard they come in small, medium and large versions. I've seen them in all sizes at dog meetups.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.